• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates For Blind Users
Lightbulb 
Greetings Mike!

I am a classical organist who is rapidly losing my sight.  One thing about classical organs is the fact that the music rack can be much higher than the normal line of sight.  For the last several years I have confined myself to charts that I have memorized over the years.

A friend told me about a progy used by some apple users, and I was convinced if it was good enough for them, then somebody creative surely must have built one for the Android world!  That brought me to your progy!

Now comes the fun part.  You have the basic components in place, now how do we combine them for the blind musician?

1) We need a way to take a captured chart, and take all of the lines of music on the page(s)) and make them one continuous line of music that can be scrolled across the screen.  (For instruments like organ, and piano do not break treble and bass clef apart) They have to scroll together.

2) Naturally this strolling score has to be able to be zoomed in, or out for the user's needs.

3) The scroll speed needs to be MIDI controllable.

4) Are you ready for the icing on the cake?  MIDI output from the instrument should be able to control the scroll.  The software should be able to follow the MIDI output from the instrument, know what measure the musician is playing, and have that in a scrolling focus box on the screen.

4A) The focus box should be adjustable by the user so that it can appear on the left, right, or center of the screen..

Thank for your kind review of this request in advance.

Regards,
The Admiral

Messages In This Thread
Updates For Blind Users - by clover-leaf-productions - 03-21-2022, 04:51 AM
RE: Updates For Blind Users - by Zubersoft - 03-22-2022, 05:29 AM
RE: Updates For Blind Users - by InstrEd - 03-22-2022, 05:42 AM
RE: Updates For Blind Users - by Zubersoft - 03-23-2022, 03:33 AM