• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
device sync behavior in 3.5.3
(05-19-2022, 05:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've investigated this further and found the cause - I updated libraries from Google and they added backward compatible emoji support to all text components. Unfortunately, this results in disastrously slow performance when a text component is appended to over and over, which is what happens with the library sync. So the sync actually is finishing as fast as is shown on the client side, but the server side is still trying to update the text component to show the results of the sync and it's taking minutes to process. I'm going to disable this emoji support as it's absolutely unnecessary for MobileSheets in my opinion which should restore the performance. I'll release an update today to address this.

Mike

Wow!  I don't have any idea how you tracked that down, but I'm impressed (with you, not with Google Undecided). I've already installed 3.5.4 on both devices, and the sync is once more working as expected.

Your previous questions are suddenly a lot less relevant :-), but for the record:

- I'm using "Update Client" mode, because I always add or update songs on the tablet. The only reasons for having the database on my phone are 1) as an extra backup, because I'm paranoid^Wcareful :-), and 2) in case I want to check something at a time when I don't have the tablet with me. I've never needed or wanted to sync changes from the phone back to the tablet.

- I have the merge behavior set to "Always use data from server", for the same reasons.

- I doubt that the sync usually transfers many files at a time, assuming it only copies over files that have changed since the last sync; sometimes I add about a dozen songs at a time, but usually it's only two or three at a time at most.

Anyhow, thank you so much for fixing this so quickly.

Messages In This Thread
device sync behavior in 3.5.3 - by smw - 05-18-2022, 04:34 AM
RE: device sync behavior in 3.5.3 - by Zubersoft - 05-18-2022, 09:58 AM
RE: device sync behavior in 3.5.3 - by smw - 05-18-2022, 02:11 PM
RE: device sync behavior in 3.5.3 - by Zubersoft - 05-19-2022, 02:59 AM
RE: device sync behavior in 3.5.3 - by Zubersoft - 05-19-2022, 03:22 AM
RE: device sync behavior in 3.5.3 - by Zubersoft - 05-19-2022, 05:05 AM
RE: device sync behavior in 3.5.3 - by smw - 05-19-2022, 02:43 PM