• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another backup issue
Hadn't backuped my library for a few months. Really need to do it - for transfering to a secondary device. But I tried multiple times with no success.

Setting:
- Tablet Samsung S5e with Android 11, MobileSheetsPro 3.5.6 from Google Play;
- Laptop ThinkPad L380 with Win10/64 (21H1), MobileSheets Companion 3.1.5 (automatic update)

The WIFI connection should be stable, good to very good signal.

Three different scenarios are happening:
- backup starts, but will be cancelled;
- backup starts, but freezes on the tablet; needs to be cancelled on the laptop an tablet to be restarted
- backup starts, prompts finalisation on the tablet ("successful"), but doesn't finish on the tablet, needs to be cancelled manually;
tablet says: "TIMECODE - Backup erfolgreich beendet." (backup ended successfully), previous prompt: TIMECODE - XX Bytes von Datei: /..../Öffne meine Augen (2.0).pdf erfolgreich übertragen;
laptop sticks with prompt: "Current song: Öffne meine Augen (EG-all-176); KB Remaining: < 5MB", backup file has about the size it should have, but will be deleted after abortion.

Interesting:
- Multiple times, I get a prompt if I really wanted to cancel the backup even if I didn't hit any button. Backup won't resume after aborting the cancellation.
- the song "Öffne meine Augen (EG-all-176)" and the sheet file "Öffne meine Augen (2.0).pdf" do correspond in the library
- the storage for the backup is on a NAS (all 3 problems forementioned), problem no.3 remains with local storage (SD card), only way to get the backup done is storage on "My Documents" (C:\)

So for the moment, I got what I wanted, but it took me more than an hour with several attempts.
2x Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e with Android 11 / UI One 3.1 - AirTurn BT-200

Messages In This Thread
Another backup issue - by fziegler - 06-19-2022, 08:45 PM
RE: Another backup issue - by Geoff Bacon - 06-19-2022, 10:35 PM
RE: Another backup issue - by Zubersoft - 06-20-2022, 03:33 AM
RE: Another backup issue - by Geoff Bacon - 06-20-2022, 10:25 PM
RE: Another backup issue - by Zubersoft - 06-21-2022, 03:50 AM
RE: Another backup issue - by Geoff Bacon - 06-21-2022, 03:59 AM