• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real-book jazz font?
(10-01-2022, 04:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The real issue with supporting user-supplied fonts is with determining what characters should be displayed in the stamps window, because fonts can have thousands of characters. With the existing stamps in MobileSheets, I created a configuration file that specifies which characters to use from each font that is bundled and the order of those stamps. In order to support user-specified fonts, I would also require that the user provide this kind of configuration file indicating which characters to use from that font. This would eliminate a lot of the complexity. Then I would also have to support ensuring that the custom font is bundled if you export a song containing annotations that utilize that custom font. So it's certainly something I can support in the future, but it will require that extra step of users mapping out the characters/symbols they want to use from the font.

Mike

Thanks! I was just thinking about being able to select it as a font in the Text tool though, not necessarily to create new stamps.
If the stamps in the Jazz tab come from an already-bundled real-book-style font (they look like they do), then maybe all I need is to expose that font in the text tool's font selector drop-down.

Messages In This Thread
Real-book jazz font? - by garyo - 09-30-2022, 11:47 PM
RE: Real-book jazz font? - by Zubersoft - 10-01-2022, 04:21 AM
RE: Real-book jazz font? - by garyo - 10-01-2022, 04:58 AM
RE: Real-book jazz font? - by Zubersoft - 10-01-2022, 05:39 PM
RE: Real-book jazz font? - by garyo - 10-01-2022, 08:46 PM