• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem reading backup files from Android
I am currently using MSP on Samsung tablet (S6 Lite).  It's on the small side but working okay.  

My backup is a Kindle of the same size.  I had to buy MSP separately for each as Kindle doesn't support Google.  I thought this was working until today.  I backed up my tablet the usual way, Settings and save to Google Drive, and move that file also to One Drive..  The Kindle can't read Google Drive but it does One Drive so I just Restore the latest version, and the Kindle is small enough to throw in the bag for an emergency.  

But I was wrong.  This time I got a message during Restore that some files couldn't be accessed.  ???  So, curious, I started pulling up MSP songs on the Kindle, only to find that a large number of them are not there.  

Here is my import process:  Scan with my iPhone, save to Google Drive, Import to Samsung Tablet from Google Drive, monthly backup from Tablet to Google Drive, Restore to Kindle from OneDrive just to ensure both devices are synced.  

I was blissfully unaware until today (getting ready for a gig) that they are not synced and I don't have a backup device at a gig.   I can dig out the Chromebook I guess but the tablet is so much better at these gigs.  

I have never tried MSP companion, would that work any better maybe?   

All of the original files I moved off the Kindle onto the Tablet or Chromebook seem fine, but the ones moved from Tablet to Kindle failed.

Messages In This Thread
Problem reading backup files from Android - by timothy42b - 10-06-2022, 02:14 AM