• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setlist / Gig Properties
Mike,

I'd like to make a suggestion for MobileSheets to track additional attributes/properties for setlists (for sets / gigs).

These can be represented as additional (configurable) fields to expose on the setlists tab view and can be used to filter what setlists are visible. Capabilities to export to a spreadsheet for additional slicing and reporting would be desirable as well.

Currently, some of us already use set names to implicitly track these properties (e.g., all my setlists include the date and occasion), but a more structured and expanded capability would be very powerful for gig tracking and management.

I imagine that you would have to track these attributes on a metadata record of some sort that is keyed to the setlist. There would need to be an additional setlist editor view (like the song editor fields tab) to edit these fields. It would be useful if these attributes (the metadata record) are copied when a setlist is copied.

Fields that come to mind:
  • Date
  • Time (bonus to have separate fields for call time, performance time/duration, billable time, etc.)
  • Venue/Client
  • Contact (venue contact, band director, etc. - phone and e-mail)
  • Event link(s) (link to additional information, publicity, etc.)
  • Occasion (church service, concert, bar gig, wedding, rehearsal, etc.)
  • Group (different bands, choirs, ensembles that I am part of)
  • Collaborators (list of other specific musicians)
  • Pay, Tips, and Expenses
  • Rating (how well did the set / gig go)
  • Comments (free-form text field for other notes - attire to wear, instruments to bring, where to park, etc.)

Tags/keywords can be used for certain other attributes that might not naturally warrant a field. E.g., I might want a tag to "bookmark" a set for further review or to mark a cancelled event for future reference.

Serafin

Messages In This Thread
Setlist / Gig Properties - by Serafin - 12-19-2022, 03:01 AM
RE: Setlist / Gig Properties - by itsme - 12-19-2022, 05:00 AM
RE: Setlist / Gig Properties - by Serafin - 12-19-2022, 08:13 AM
RE: Setlist / Gig Properties - by Zubersoft - 12-19-2022, 03:43 PM
RE: Setlist / Gig Properties - by Serafin - 02-25-2023, 03:21 AM
RE: Setlist / Gig Properties - by Zubersoft - 02-25-2023, 06:28 PM