• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requesting Clarification Regarding Backup and Companion
Hey, Mike (or anyone else who knows):

Question: If you back up to the Companion and restore the the tablet, will it include all the annotations? (I think the answer is "yes")

But, if you extract into the Companion, the annotations are not shown? (I think the answer is "yes, the Companion does not show or allow manipulation of annotations).

(My understanding is you are working on saving the annotations to pdf and (I think) being able to view and manipulate annotations in the Companion?)

Thanks,

Jeff
Hello Jeff,

Yes, if you restore a backup, all annotations are restored as well. Annotations are not shown in the companion though, as the annotations are not embedded in the PDFs and the companion does not have the ability to render the annotations at this time.

Being able to view and manipulate annotations in the companion is something I would like to do, but I don't see it happening for quite awhile. I will most likely release a full version of MobileSheets for Windows 8/RT before this happens. I am hoping I can allow this version to work seamlessly with the Android version so that people could manage their library between the two. I will also work to backport this version to Windows 7, but this may be difficult, and I'm not sure how I would handle selling the app for earlier versions of Windows (as I would have to manage the transactions myself).

Mike
Thanks, Mike.