• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large screen tablets
I have recently received my Hannspree 13.3" and I am very pleased with it. I am only using it for my music files. I bought on Amazon for less than $200. Less than a week later the price had jumped up more than $80! Apparently they change vendors frequently so don't wait when you find a good price as it may not last long. Good luck.
I purchased two 13" Hanspree's and returned them both. The first wouldn't charge beyond 30% and the second one kept changing from landscape to portrait mode for no particular reason. Hanspree support was pretty bad. So needless to say, I won't buy another of this model. Thank goodness Amazon had no issues refunding my monies immediately. The price was cheap and you do get what you pay for. But I only wanted it to run Mobilesheets. The screen resolution was mediocre and the viewing angle was not great but if the devices had worked, I still would have kept one of them.

But I did have a chance to play with it a bit with MobileSheets on it. The 13" screen pretty much allows for a standard 8x11 page which is wonderful for my aging eyes. I'm currently using a 10" Asus Transformer which works really well but the bigger screen has definitely been calling to me. I did get Bluetooth running on them without any problems. I think I'll be waiting for all the new 13" models that will probably be out by Xmas. I'm thinking the 21" screens are a bit bigger than what I want altho having 2 pages up at the same time would be nice!
That's too bad. So far I am happy with the Hannspree. The one weakness is the battery does not last very long. So, for now on I am I will keep it plugged in during my gigs (everything else has to be plugged in, so one more thing to plugged in should not be a big deal).

(07-11-2014, 07:22 AM)Kathi Wrote: I purchased two 13" Hanspree's and returned them both. The first wouldn't charge beyond 30% and the second one kept changing from landscape to portrait mode for no particular reason. Hanspree support was pretty bad. So needless to say, I won't buy another of this model. Thank goodness Amazon had no issues refunding my monies immediately. The price was cheap and you do get what you pay for. But I only wanted it to run Mobilesheets. The screen resolution was mediocre and the viewing angle was not great but if the devices had worked, I still would have kept one of them.

But I did have a chance to play with it a bit with MobileSheets on it. The 13" screen pretty much allows for a standard 8x11 page which is wonderful for my aging eyes. I'm currently using a 10" Asus Transformer which works really well but the bigger screen has definitely been calling to me. I did get Bluetooth running on them without any problems. I think I'll be waiting for all the new 13" models that will probably be out by Xmas. I'm thinking the 21" screens are a bit bigger than what I want altho having 2 pages up at the same time would be nice!
I've jumped straight into MS with a new HP slate 21". I play piano and was done with printing sheets when I bought music, had a go with the iPad1 but struggled with the small (for me) screen size. Have just got a scythe usb pedal to turn my pages, quite a mechanically noisey pedal for what's sold as 'silent version' I went for it over the cheaper 3 pedal ones as it has 2. Anyway not much to tell regarding the HP as i'm still discovering it. Seems to crash a bit with large PDF books i've downloaded or if i zoom sometimes so yet to understand that properly - but display wise at 21" i'm smitten for £200 new, slightly less so with the 'silent' pedal.
I have had two Hannspree 13.3" tablets for more than a year, and have had no problems with either of them (I need a backup system). They work great! I have a half-dozen PDF vocal scores > 100 pages, and have never seen a crash.
HI guys,

I've been searching for a while now for the best tablet specially for music sheet display.
I used to work with android but now I also consider the Ipad in my research as I believe that Forscore and MSP are quite equivalent (I used MS a few months ago but never Forscore, if you know more than me on this subject, please let me know).

The real question that matters to me is : which trablet offers the largest music sheet display?

Which is not the same than : which tablet has the largest screen?

Obviously,, between the two questions is the subject of the aspect ratio of the tablet.

I just wanted to let you know what are my conclusions on this sheet of paper I just scanned. (The data are in an excel file but I'm unable to make this graphic with excel!!)
Below is a file which displays how a A4 sheet would be displayed in the different screens mentionned. The actual screens sizes of the tablets are not drawn, but you can easily see that having a larger screen not necessarily means a bigger music sheet displayed.
The size of the file is A4.

It seems that the best is the HP Pro Slate 12. This can be explained by the fact that the aspect ratio of this tablet is 4/3, which is near of the A4 ratio.

So If  my decision is defenitely made on Android or ios, I wil go for this tablet, as we can see an A4 music sheet would be displayed 25cm x 17,7 cm which is approx 9,8in x 6,9 in.

http://www.cjoint.com/c/EGEryOHOaPW
As long as your prime requirement is size you have to go for an Android device, since large screen iPads currently don't exist. Alternatively a Windows machine running an Android emulator.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I have a Point of View - 13,3" Android tablet.
I somtimes use the HDMI output of this tablet to connect it to my large computer HDMI-screen.
For the man on the bass the 13,3" are large enough. I can take the 24" second screen because as a vibbraphon player I am far away from the screen.
The sheets are shown on both screens!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
I´ve purchsed a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro SM-T900 with an 12.2 inch screen 8 weeks ago and I´ve used it daily since.
I´m happy with the device. The battery lasts more than a day. Everything works fine. 

Kind regards, Nachthorn
Finally some large Android tablet for conductors:
Samsung View 18.4 inch, Android 5.1, full HD, SD card slot, Bluetooth 4.1, battery provides up to 8 hours of video playback, 2.65kg.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon