• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fakebook with page index [SOLVED]
hi

I'd like to import fakebooks with hundreds of tunes. I do have an index with page number and title. how can I easily import the fakebook without much manual work?

edit: I just realized that the backup file format is using sqlite. It would be perfect if I could edit the db directly, but it seems the file is only partly sqlite as I can't read it with aSQLiteManager

thanks for any help
Alain
Found a solution by myself:

I split the fakebook in single pdfs for each tune like this:

Use jpdfbookmark (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpdfbookmarks/) to set a bookmark for each tune (which can be automated if you have a list with tune names and page numbers)

Use SplitPDF (http://sourceforge.net/projects/splitpdf/) to split the pdf by bookmark

Use MobileSheets batch import by filename

Works well, maybe even faster than a large pdf with page indices. Hope someone can use this.

regards
Alain
This could be useful for me, thanks for sharing!

Chris
Thanks,

This is just what I needed - anxious to try!

Gary
Nice!
Excellent suggestions as a workaround to solve this problem. In the future, I plan on supporting importing bookmarks in a pdf as separate songs, as well as fakebook indexes.

The backup file consists of a sqllite database at the beginning followed by all of the data for the pdfs/image files/audio files. If you really need to know how to extract just the database out of the backup file, send me a private message and I'll give you the instructions.
(08-05-2012, 02:48 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Excellent suggestions as a workaround to solve this problem. In the future, I plan on supporting importing bookmarks in a pdf as separate songs, as well as fakebook indexes.

The backup file consists of a sqllite database at the beginning followed by all of the data for the pdfs/image files/audio files. If you really need to know how to extract just the database out of the backup file, send me a private message and I'll give you the instructions.

Hello. I just tried to go to the page with the fakebook import solution.Error message says Whoops! Page not found.
(08-13-2012, 09:35 PM)bluejazzman Wrote: Error message says Whoops! Page not found.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpdfbookmarks/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/splitpdf/
(08-05-2012, 02:48 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Excellent suggestions as a workaround to solve this problem. In the future, I plan on supporting importing bookmarks in a pdf as separate songs, as well as fakebook indexes.

Great product! As a jazz musician I have numerous fake books in pdf format and have tried the bookmark approach but its a bit cumbersome and slow. The index idea is a great one and would put this product on par with iGigbook. When do you think you'll be releasing that feature? Let me know if you need any help with creating the index from a data file (I'm a developer as well). Keep up the great work!
I'm still wrapping up annotations, and after that, there are some pretty important features that need to be added such as positional zooming, cropping, a better custom audio player, dropbox support, text/chordpro file support, and sharing features. I think the indices will be up after I add those. If I had to estimate the timeline, I think November-December, but I'm not always the best at estimating how much time I'll have to work and how complex the problems are (just ask anyone that's been waiting for 6 months for annotations).
(09-25-2012, 05:34 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm still wrapping up annotations, and after that, there are some pretty important features that need to be added such as positional zooming, cropping, a better custom audio player, dropbox support, text/chordpro file support, and sharing features.  I think the indices will be up after I add those. If I had to estimate the timeline, I think November-December, but I'm not always the best at estimating how much time I'll have to work and how complex the problems are (just ask anyone that's been waiting for 6 months for annotations).

Any update on a timeline for index capabilities? If I understand the post dates, this earlier forecast was from 2012.
I'm trying to focus on some changes related to PDFs for the next update (being able to write out annotations, a completely new PDF rendering library) as well as printing support, and a slew of other bug fixes and enhancements. I'm also making some major changes to the companion app based upon user feedback. I'll try to get to the indexing stuff as soon as I can. I can unfortunately only do so much with MobileSheets not being my full time job, and everyone has different priorities for the fixes they would like added.

Thanks for your patience,
Mike
(06-26-2015, 05:08 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I'm trying to focus on some changes related to PDFs for the next update (being able to write out annotations, a completely new PDF rendering library) as well as printing support, and a slew of other bug fixes and enhancements. I'm also making some major changes to the companion app based upon user feedback. I'll try to get to the indexing stuff as soon as I can.  I can unfortunately only do so much with MobileSheets not being my full time job, and everyone has different priorities for the fixes they would like added.

Thanks for your patience,
Mike

Thanks much for the update. It's clear you have a lot on your plate. We're all hoping you sell so many copies of MS that you can quit your job, hire a few staffers, and do nothing but placate us...while sitting at the beach.