• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WINDOWS 8??
I really want to pull trigger on a Surface Pro 3, but one of the reasons is so that I can use it to run MS on that big, beautiful screen. I was hoping that Bluestacks or Andy might allow me to do that until a Windows app is available. It doesn't sound like this is a very good option.

I am also considering the Samsung Note Pro 12.2, but I would really rather have the Surface 3.

Decisions, decisions...........
If any of you can construct a cloning machine and lend it to me, I'll get to work on the Windows 8 version ASAP! Smile

Mike
(11-16-2014, 11:34 AM)TFender Wrote: I am also considering the Samsung Note Pro 12.2, but I would really rather have the Surface 3.

Decisions, decisions...........

I highly recommend the Note Pro 12.2. The s-pen is a very handy feature, and battery life is no problem at all. I have done three one-hour concerts on one battery with no problem at all. (Battery goes from 100% to ~75%) Screen size is quite adequate, and I have performed in direct sunlight for some weddings and the screen was readable at full brightness. As for Windows tablets in general, their app store has mostly junk in my opinion. Most of the apps I use and take for granted on Android are not available for the Windows app platform.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
I just installed DuOS on my Surface Pro 3 and now I can run every Android app that is in the app store. Mobilesheets works very well in full screen, as does IMSLPDroid. Check www.amiduos.com I was really surprised that it is so unknown!
So, no cloning of Mike neededWink, DuOS clones Android for you.
(12-25-2014, 03:31 AM)Barotti Wrote: I just installed DuOS on my Surface Pro 3 and now I can run every Android app that is in the app store. Mobilesheets works very well in full screen, as does IMSLPDroid. Check www.amiduos.com I was really surprised that it is so unknown!
So, no cloning of Mike neededWink, DuOS clones Android for you.

I have to correct this: MS DID work in DuOS but now I cannot open the overlay menu and not use the zoom function. Maybe due to some windows update or whatever. Also windows sleepmode keeps causing problems...
I use MS in DuOS without any problem, everything works just fine including overlay menu and zoom. I use it on Windows 8.1 tablet - so only touch, not mouse or keyboard. What's your settup?

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
(01-16-2015, 04:16 AM)NeoCZ Wrote: I use MS in DuOS without any problem, everything works just fine including overlay menu and zoom. I use it on Windows 8.1 tablet - so only touch, not mouse or keyboard. What's your settup?

Reinstalling did the job. MS works fine again within DuOs, with all functions available, including the overlay menu and using the Surface Pen for annotations or highlighting. It really looks great on the big screen. But DuOS still did not solve the sleep mode bug on several devices, including the SP3. This is really annoying, because closing the cover, or leaving the device for a while causes a frozen black or inverted DuOS screen.
I hope Mike will finish the new pro version soon, so a Windows version of it can be a next step!
Heart 
Hello, 

Some good news: I just installed latest version of DuOs (1.0.13.6643) and the earlier problems with sleep mode appear to have been solved. Now using MobileSheets on my Surface Pro 3 is really nice and easy! It looks brilliant on the 12" 4:3 screen and using the Surface pen for annotations is a breeze.
Any good news for the Windows 8 release?
I just finished getting things ready to release MobileSheetsPro on Android, so that means I can focus a little more now on getting the Windows 8 version ready for release also. I'll try to post more information soon about the progress on the Windows 8 version.

Mike
I can't tell you how pleased I am that a Windows 8 version is in the works. I use a large (16") Windows tablet (HP Envy 15T X360) and the only option has been MusicReader, a dismal platform. On my iPad I use iGigBook for its robust indexing and searching capabilities across dozens of standard fakebooks. But on my large tablet there is only the one option. I look forward to the ability to try MobileSheets. I have kept flirting with building my own PDF viewer/indexer, but I'd really rather spend time playing music rather than building more software. Please keep us posted on the Windows 8 version, or on success running under Chrome or other trans-platform solutions. BTW I don't use the Windows 8 interface at all; I use Classic Shell and run a traditional interface. The touch screen implementation is acceptable.
I'm really looking forward to Windows 8/8.1/10 version. I use my Android tablet only for sheet music, only app I have there is MSpro so after Windows version is released I might use Android tablet only as backup...

Looks like Microsoft saved a little bit work for Mike - http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-...-new-video :-)

That is fascinating. I'm really curious to see how well it works, or if it will even work with MobileSheets.
Let us know when/if you try it... Smile