• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only one pdf per song ?
I have been loading loads of piano stuff into MS.
I have been converting my scans to pdf.
Is it the case that you can put only one pdf in to a song.
The annoying thing is that I have just scanned loads of stuff ! Only to find that it says ''only one pdf per song''
What am I doing wrong or what don't I understand?

Thanks

Rob
Did you scan books with multiple songs?

Or do you have slightly different versions of the same songs in two (or more) different pdf's?

Either of these can be resolved. (I tend to try to have a different pdf for each song because I find it easier to manage, even if it is more time consuming to scan/load, but that is just me. It is not required).

Jeff

(04-01-2014, 03:57 AM)robbyhaha Wrote: I have been loading loads of piano stuff into MS.
I have been converting my scans to pdf.
Is it the case that you can put only one pdf in to a song.
The annoying thing is that I have just scanned loads of stuff ! Only to find that it says ''only one pdf per song''
What am I doing wrong or what don't I understand?

Thanks

Rob
Thanks Jeff. I must be getting confused. When I scan a page into my tablet it ask wheather I want to save it as a pdf or a jpeg. And I press save as pdf.
So for instance, the 1st page scan I might call ''Prelude In C pg1''. And so on, saving all the pages as pdf's, right up to prelude In C page.
Then when I go to MS to load the song it say only 1 pdf allowed.
So, if you are loading a pdf I think the pdf should be at least a full song (of full composition, etc.). It should not be done page by page (I think).

I think with jpgs you might want to scan each page as a separate jpg because then you can put them together in any order you want. But I don't work with jpg's, so I don't know.

(04-01-2014, 06:59 AM)robbyhaha Wrote: Thanks Jeff. I must be getting confused. When I scan a page into my tablet it ask wheather I want to save it as a pdf or a jpeg. And I press save as pdf.
So for instance, the 1st page scan I might call ''Prelude In C pg1''. And so on, saving all the pages as pdf's, right up to prelude In C page.
Then when I go to MS to load the song it say only 1 pdf allowed.
Most scanners allow multiple pages to be scanned before they are joined together into a PDF. Is this not an option for you?

Version 5 is adding support for multiple pdfs per song, but for now your best bet is to see if you can get all of the scanned pages for a particular song into one pdf.

Mike
[Auote='Zuberman' pid='3856' dateline='1396335499']
Most scanmultiple llow multiple pages to be scanned before they are joined together into a PDF. Is this not an option for you?

Version 5 is adding support for multiple pdfs per song, but for now your best bet is to see if you can get all of the scanned pages for a particular song into one pdf.

Mike
[/quote]

Thanks Mike,
My scanner is Epsom px700 using (Epson Iprint app) doesn't seem to give me the option to load multiple scans into a pdf file.
So far I've scanned 165 Pieces of music into to my tablet. The majority of them are more than one page, so I have scanned and saved all of those as jpeg. Only the pieces of music that have one page have been scanned and saved as pdf's.
All seems to work ok.
Is that an odd way to do it all Mike.
No, that's a perfectly fine way to do it. As long as the quality is okay for you, .jpg files will always load faster than PDFs.
Although you can only have one PDF per song, there's no limit to the number of pages per PDF. Your scanning software ought to be able to scan multiple pages into one PDF and I would check its settings. If it is not possible, then change the software!
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Other software will let you combine multiple PDFs into a single PDF document (Adobe Acrobat, but there is probably free stuff too)

Within MobileSheets, you can convert a PDF to images - probably precisely for this reason, so you can put multiple ones into a song. While editing a song, touch the little icon on the right side that looks like a family tree (box at top points to three boxes at bottom) which gives you "Select a PDF to convert to images"
On a Mac, Preview let's you combine PDFs into one:
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?st...4191806624

There are also multiple other tools to do the same.
Hi All,

I had this same issue of getting the "Only one PDF allowed per song" error. It was because, in my tablet, I clicked on "Add Song" instead of "Batch Import". Clicking on "Add Song" appears to let you select multiple PDFs, but it kept giving me the error "Only one PDF per song" and only one song actually imported. However, when I instead selected "Batch Import", I still could pick multiple PDFs but this time MS happily brought them all in to my list of songs as individual songs as intended.

It was a little confusing only because the interface for "Add Song" and "Batch Import" are almost identical. Go with "Batch Import" and I think you'll find it does exactly what you wanted to do.

Another thing that helps IMMENSELY is that MS recognizes DropBox as a legitimate directory -- I don't have to save from my PC to a micro-SD card first, then transfer/import to my tablet (although that is a good way to do it if you do not have DropBox).

GREAT APP, this MobileSheets!!
- - fred
fred
Tablet: ASUS Transformer TF101 (Eee Pad) / Android v4.0.3
Try Nitro PDF. They have a free version. Although I am using the paid version, the free one might have the "combine" function as well. So you could have single page scans AND create a pdf with all pages without loosing your single page scans.