• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress update on version 5.0.0
Carlin,

At the moment, MIDI commands can be set up to be sent when a song is loaded, or a song can be loaded when a particular MIDI command is received. I would be open to adding a touch or pedal action to "Send MIDI Commands for Song" so that you could trigger the send based off tapping one of the corners or by pressing a particular pedal. I could also add an option in the quick action bar (bottom right corner) so that you can long press the right icon, and switch its action to "Send MIDI Commands for Song". This would require two taps though, instead of one.

Will any of these approaches meet your needs in the short term? Longer term, I would consider adding programmable buttons, but this would require a lot more changes than the simpler suggestions listed above. It would also be useful to hear from other users whether the ability to drop buttons on the sheet music to trigger certain actions would be valuable or not.

Thanks,
Mike
(02-06-2015, 05:26 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Carlin,

At the moment, MIDI commands can be set up to be sent when a song is loaded, or a song can be loaded when a particular MIDI command is received.  I would be open to adding a touch or pedal action to "Send MIDI Commands for Song" so that you could trigger the send based off tapping one of the corners or by pressing a particular pedal. I could also add an option in the quick action bar (bottom right corner) so that you can long press the right icon, and switch its action to "Send MIDI Commands for Song". This would require two taps though, instead of one.

Will any of these approaches meet your needs in the short term? Longer term, I would consider adding programmable buttons, but this would require a lot more changes than the simpler suggestions listed above. It would also be useful to hear from other users whether the ability to drop buttons on the sheet music to trigger certain actions would be valuable or not.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

While a button that could be dropped and moved would be preferable and probably more versatile in the long run (as buttons could be assigned to multiple actions), being able to tap in the corner to launch the MIDI string would also solve the problem for now and would be much appreciated. In this case, it would also be helpful to have some sort of faint visual cue (slight shading or a couple dark pixels in the corner that needs to be tapped) to indicate that the action is even available and has been programmed for that song. In the heat of a fast moving set with precise song transitions, I don't always have time for two taps, so the single tap solution sounds like a great idea. Thanks!

Carlin
So is this actually ever going to happen? The update thread here has been going almost a year now.

Is it too presumptuous actually to ask for a date?
The "news" page at http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/ has a January 2015 update on progress. Can't wait for this update!
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

http://reberclark.bandcamp.com
It's going to happen. I'm working every single night and about 80% of the weekends on trying to finish things up. The Android part is pretty much ready, but the companion app is currently holding things up. Everyone has been extremely patient, and I'm very appreciative of that. I just know that if I released MS Pro without an updated companion app, my inbox would fill up with emails from users who rely on it.

Mike
(02-23-2015, 05:45 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It's going to happen. I'm working every single night and about 80% of the weekends on trying to finish things up. The Android part is pretty much ready, but the companion app is currently holding things up. Everyone has been extremely patient, and I'm very appreciative of that.  I just know that if I released MS Pro without an updated companion app, my inbox would fill up with emails from users who rely on it.

Mike

Thanks for the update. Sorry to be a troll, but I had to ask.
I have just discovered this great app and have downloaded the TRIAL android app and PC Companion.  I've loaded 7 songs into the TRIAL app using the companion and played with this a bit.

Now the question relating to progress and release of the new version.  Should I wait or go ahead and buy the FULL current version intending to "update" when the new version and companion are available? Undecided   I have about 300 Pdf's to load and categorize to sets and collections.

And most important, thanks....
(03-01-2015, 07:51 AM)RobertB Wrote: Should I wait or go ahead and buy the FULL current version intending to "update" when the new version and companion are available?

My advice would be to go ahead and purchase the existing version.  Mike has already said that existing users will be offered MSPro at a discounted price for the first month, so you would not lose out financially and using MS will give you a head start for the changeover when it happens.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
The current version is working very nicely for me. Like many, I am looking forward to 5.0. It sounds like the delay to the new release is due in part to the massive scope of the upgrade. Perhaps you might consider decreasing the scope of future upgrades so they can be tested and released faster. There is nothing wrong with small but constant improvements to a product that already works like Mobilesheets. It seems you get bombarded with ideas for changes. How do you manage all these inputs? Its good to have a software change control board that manages all proposed changes and decides what changes will be approved and planned as new releases. Users should enter their recommended changes with details in a database called MobileSheets Change Proposals. On a regular basis, you and a board of change control members could review each and decide which are approved and what release they will be included in. Each proposed change could be assigned a number/title and could be reviewed by all for status.
Yeah.... we went though all that a long time ago, but it ,sort-of, ran away and grew like Topsy.  I imagine any future major upgrades (not that I can think of many at the moment) will be handled in a more controlled manner.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Thanks for the advice Graeme. I'll think I'll do just that as I'm anxious to get using MS. It will solve a lot of problems for me and my playing with 3 different groups. Collections and Play Lists will simplify life. I hope the new version will just accept the current data file (or automatically convert it) as I will be dealing with 400-500 songs once it's all in.
Yes, you will be able to import any existing data files from the old to the new version. There is some conversion required, but it's all hidden from you, except in rare cases. For most users, the changeover should be seamless.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Is there any place where I can sign up to notify me when a new MS version is released?
(03-02-2015, 08:22 PM)otnt Wrote: Is there any place where I can sign up to notify me when a new MS version is released?

Here Smile .
Graeme

Some of my music here
What do you expect will be the minimum requirements for Android version (e.g. 4.2, 4.4) and processor (e.g. double core 1.3mhz, quad 2.0mhz) to run ver.5 successfully?