• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a Linux version of MS available?
Being an Android application it seems that there should be a Linux version of MS. But I see no indication this is the case. Isn't Android based on Linux?

Also, is MS a stand alone application or does it run on a server? That is, does the MS computer/tablet have to connected to the internet for MS to work? The description of the free version says it contains more advertisements than the paid version. This seems to suggest that MS runs on a network server.
Yes, it's based on the Linux kernal but there are a lot of differences that keep it separate. I think there is a way to run it bu you will need to search for it.
It's a stand alone as far as I know since I use it without being connected. I do need the connection when interfacing with the Companion, which I have on windows and Linux. I did a search to find how to make Companion work on Linux, involved the PlayonLinux program. I haven't actually done anything yet using the Linux version but it does seem to work ok.

(05-22-2014, 01:27 AM)km4hr Wrote: Being an Android application it seems that there should be a Linux version of MS. But I see no indication this is the case. Isn't Android based on Linux?

Also, is MS a stand alone application or does it run on a server? That is, does the MS computer/tablet have to connected to the internet for MS to work? The description of the free version says it contains more advertisements than the paid version. This seems to suggest that MS runs on a network server.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Thanks Skip.

As a Linux user I guess MS is not for me. I'll keep looking. Hopefully there's a good page turner app out there somewhere for Linux users. If anybody has any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

thanks again!

(05-22-2014, 06:06 AM)Skip Wrote: Yes, it's based on the Linux kernal but there are a lot of differences that keep it separate. I think there is a way to run it bu you will need to search for it.
It's a stand alone as far as I know since I use it without being connected. I do need the connection when interfacing with the Companion, which I have on windows and Linux. I did a search to find how to make Companion work on Linux, involved the PlayonLinux program. I haven't actually done anything yet using the Linux version but it does seem to work ok.

(05-22-2014, 01:27 AM)km4hr Wrote: Being an Android application it seems that there should be a Linux version of MS. But I see no indication this is the case. Isn't Android based on Linux?

Maybe this will work for you?
http://www.genymotion.com/features/

(05-22-2014, 06:18 AM)km4hr Wrote: Thanks Skip.

As a Linux user I guess MS is not for me. I'll keep looking. Hopefully there's a good page turner app out there somewhere for Linux users. If anybody has any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

thanks again!

(05-22-2014, 06:06 AM)Skip Wrote: Yes, it's based on the Linux kernal but there are a lot of differences that keep it separate. I think there is a way to run it bu you will need to search for it.

Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
MS is stand-alone - all data is stored on your tablet.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here