• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I messed up. Is it too late?
I messed up today. I had to format my tablet to overcome some Kit Kat upgrade grief. Before I did, I checked to see what I needed to save. I took the entire Mobilesheets folder from the tablet and saved it to my computer, however I didn't run the backup wizard. So now I dragged the Mobilesheets folder back to the tablet as it was before but nothing was recognized. Then I tried the batch import, but that only made the songs, but the metadata wasn't recovered. So before I sit here and manually fix these songs (thankfully I only have about 60 or so), is there a way that I can salvage everything since I have the Mobilesheets directory just as it existed before the format? I'm hoping someone can answer in the next hour or so. I need to work this out before rehearsal tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Snuggs,

Did you not use the MobileSheets library backup option? This backs up not only the files but the database that contains all the metadata. If you did not do this, and you have not made any backups of the database, then there is nothing you can do to recover your lost songs. I'm really sorry Sad

Mike
No worries. My library wasn't huge yet, so I'll restore it manually. I've tested the backup tool in the past, and I know it works flawlessly. It's just that yesterday I was so focused on the OS issue, I only dragged the MobileSheets folder from the tablet to the desktop. I know that only has the pdf's and not the database. I restored what I needed for this morning's practice, and I'll finish up later. Moving forward, I'll use the companion to backup to my desktop since that has a regular backup schedule. Thanks for responding.
I have made it a custom to regularly do a backup when at home and then copy the .msb file to the family server with date attached in the file name. I am so used to this process that I am quite sure that I would not forget to do it when having to wipe the whole device.
Electric Guitar, popular music from 50s to 80s
Line6 Pod HD w/ Shortboard MkII
Galaxy Tab 10.1N