• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving From ForScore
Hi. New here.
Long time user of ForScore but have just bought a Galaxy Note Pro for the 12" screen.

One or two things are not too obvious.

1. Can you print and share the annotated scores?
2. Is there anyway to use meta data from ForScore?
3. Will a per page zoom feature be available soon?

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Hello Paul,

Adding Google Print support is something that is on my list that I have not added yet. Unfortunately, I have not worked out any sort of arrangement with the creators of ForScore so that you could import existing ForScore songs. Maybe if enough people asked for this, it could happen, but I'm not sure the ForScore developers would have any desire to do so. As for per page zooming, this is already available in MobileSheets (you can zoom the entire song while viewing it, or zoom per page in the song editor). Cropping is being added in the next version, which is what I think most people really want to do when they zoom.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did mean cropping.

I have managed to print using the share route (printershare app). Is that the best option at present?

Annotating with the sPen works really well and that, along with the screen size is a major factor in the decision to have a change.

Congratulations on a great app. ForScore is a tough act to follow especially since it has been around since the launch of iPad. I was a day 1 user:-)

Any sign of a mac version of companion?

Sorry for the ton of questions.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
That is probably your best route. To be honest, I haven't really looked into various printing options as I'm not sure anything would work correctly other than a screenshot for capturing annotations.

ForScore is definitely a polished piece of software. The hardest part is only being able to work on MobileSheets nights and weekends, but still wanting it to have the quality that a small company would be able to provide. Thanks for your kinds words though.

Creating a Mac version of the companion would require a complete rewrite of the entire application. The reason for this is that it was created using Microsoft technologies that are only supported on Windows. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't done this, but it's unfortunately too late to change now. My hope is that, when things calm down and I don't have so many things on my plate, I can start looking into creating a Mac and linux compatible version. I've had a lot of people ask about this, so there is definitely a lot more demand than I had imagined there would be.

Mike
Thanks Mike

Yet another question. I can't seem to be able to get odds to store to the sd card. I have batch imported about 1000 songs from Dropbox but no matter what options are set I.e. removable device the pdf files are stored on the galaxy I have 4.4 Kitkat.

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(06-10-2014, 08:38 AM)Paul M Wrote: can't seem to be able to get odds to store to the sd card. I have batch imported about 1000 songs from Dropbox but no matter what options are set I.e. removable device the pdf files are stored on the galaxy I have 4.4 Kitkat.

Check out this thread - http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...59#pid2159
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I just wanted to let everyone know that with KitKat, there is a way for apps to write to the external SD card, but here is the catch: they cannot write to any folder. Instead, they can only write to their own application folder. For example, if the path to the external sd card is /extSdCard, then MobileSheets would only be able to write to a folder such as /extSdCard/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/files. Google did this so that when you uninstall MobileSheets, it will automatically delete that folder off the external SD card (whether you actually want that to happen or not). They are doing this in an attempt to make things more secure so that apps cannot just modify and write files anywhere they choose (which is probably a good thing).

So, knowing that, I've added something in the next update that should help. When you go to select the MobileSheets storage location, there is a little SD card button on the dialog. If you tap this, MobileSheets will attempt to locate the external SD card, and create a path on the SD card that it can write to. There is now a proper error message if you select a folder that MobileSheets can't write to. I'll try to make this all as simple as I can...

Mike