• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion don't work via USB
Tablet Yarvik Xenta 13-201, Android 4.1.1: Should I connect it via USB to my PC (Win XP), but don't work.
The problem is that Companion does not recognize tablet, in the sense that tells me "Driver missing", despite having enabled debugging and various mischief.
Point out that for normal file transfer operations, or as
external hard drive is recognized and works fine.
What drivers do I need and where can I find it?
Thanks to all
Finding the right USB drivers, and getting them configured right to work with ADB (that's the Google tool I have to use to get USB communication to work) is not very simple. I had wanted to provide USB support for adventurous/advanced users, but I'm considering pulling it out completely as it's more trouble than it's worth. If you are still interested in trying to get USB to work with your tablet, you'll want to do some Google searches for getting it configured to work with ADB/Eclipse. You will most likely need to modify the C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb file to include your tablet's information.

Having said all that, does Wifi not work for you? That is the recommended way to connect the companion app to the tablet.

Mike
(07-07-2014, 11:09 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Having said all that, does Wifi not work for you? That is the recommended way to connect the companion app to the tablet.

Mike

In my house I do not have a wifi network. I've tried dozens of times, changing the *.inf and *.ini files, installing different types of drivers, trying all the possible combinations, also from the tablet (MTP, PTP, etc.), but I could not get connection. So I uninstalled Companion from the PC : it say that I will manage the files of Mobilesheets directly from the tablet, although it is more uncomfortable, patience :-)
Thank you anyway