• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5.0.0 in internal testing
Really looking forward to all the new features, as others have said make sure you enjoy your new marriage as well. If you need more beta testers I'm happy to help out
I would like to be a tester of the new beta version too. I really miss the chordpro file support. Will it be possible to edit the files and to change the look of the chordcharts like for example in the GuitarTapp App?
I am adding a number of configuration settings for text and chord pro files, such as text size/color, the color/highlight for chords, line spacing, etc. I'm not sure what settings you are looking for in particular though. This version will not include the ability to view guitar chord charts at the bottom of the screen, but I plan on adding this in a future update when possible.
I was hoping to post another update of the progress over the weekend, but I got bogged down in the huge number of small bug fixes I had to make. I'm currently trying to iron out some problems with performance while turning through pages (they actually slide quickly to show the transition which is really nice). Once that is complete, I will get some screenshots of the two page display mode and the song editor and post them here. I may play around with trying to get a video to show off some of the features, as I will need this to create the video tutorials.
Please!
I'm going to post more interesting stuff this weekend, but I did manage to get video screen captures to work. The video quality is pretty poor (I promise everything looks really crisp and sharp in the actual app), and I would need to find a way to merge audio, so I may consider other approaches, but the file size is small at least. Check out the video links below:

www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/video/mobilesheets.mp4
www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/video/quick_action_bar.mp4

I apologize ahead of time for quickly advancing through so many things and for using random sheet music (with a random mp3 file associated with it). You can see the following things in the video:

The library screen at the start where I advance through different tabs, and show off the animations. I then selected a song, "American Pie", and turned through all of the pages. I then demonstrated the new positional zoom. I even zoomed out beyond 100% to shrink the page, which is something I'm going to have disabled by default I think, as most people don't need that (or want it). I then showed off the new overlay and audio player (including the a-b loop points). I also showed how the player can be made transparent if people want to have it up all the time. I then clicked through various overlay settings to show what options are available, but I didn't actually select any of the options. I returned to the library, then showed off the new multi-select features, and the different actions that are present in the action bar depending upon how many entries are selected.

I also wanted to show the new quick action bar in the second video. You can tap the bottom right of the page to bring up the quick action bar, and from there, easily start/stop the audio, start/stop the metronome, view the active setlist, toggle performance mode, and start autoscrolling. This is pretty important when performance mode is active, as there is no way to get into the overlay to activate these features otherwise. You can also long press the buttons to show their settings (long press media to show the media player, long press the metronome to show the metronome window, long press auto scrolling to show the auto scroll settings).

Thanks everyone for your continued patience! I stay up late every night trying to get things finished, but I feel it's more important for me to get it all done right than to rush it and have bugs (which I know you have all expressed, so thank you).

Mike
Looks awesome, Mike!

Keep up the good work!
Hello to everyone on this forum!

If you still need beta testers I'm also interested.

I have both Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 10.1

I work as a software architect and have helped Garth Hjelte (way many years ago) to put together his sample editor software (as a contributing beta tester). My use for MobileSheets will be as a singer in a choir and a vocal a cappella group (I'm a high tenor).

I have also dabbled with MIDI equipment and software. Whenever I have time I also try play my MIDI wind instruments (Yamaha WX11 and WX5 with VL1-m)

I also have (on Windows platform) Power Music Pro software, which seems to be on the same turf as MobileSheets. At the moment MobileSheets is way ahead, though since it has much better annotation and more innovative/intuitive UI. One important thing tilting the scale is the fact that Android platform (or actually just the Samsung Note Pro 12.2 for the moment) has the only feasible hardware for a chorist (the device has to be quiet/fanless has to have pen/digitizer support for accurate annotations and has to have big enough screen). I've been waiting for something like MobileSheets + Samsung Note Pro 12.2 for ages and now finally this dream is to become a reality. I'm so excited!!!

MobileSheets is already in its current version a superb piece of software and seems to be getting ever better. Thank you very much for making my dream come true.
Hi Mike,

I hope you had a wonderfull wedding!

Looks really great! Love seeing that you've been able to honor the request to integrate the metronome in the overlay in this version already! Great that the metronome also made it to the quick action bar!

Thanks and looking forward to the beta for the hands-on experience.

Cheers!

PS: And yes I do continue to agree with the quality over speed mindset! Smile
Mike, congratulations! Put me in for beta testing. I've been working on moving the default database settings to the external SD card... To no avail. I'm hoping that the new version will help. It is very convenient to take an email attachment and use the direct import feature right onto MS. (I use Genius Scan on my Galaxy 5s since the camera is much better, then mail the PDF to myself). What I found out was that all those easy imports were all sitting in an emulated external directory on the device memory . Ugh. I tried everything to change that default, even factory resetting the tab and reloading he MS library from backup. Even with that, I needed to manually move all files and then Re link all the PDF and music files again. Ugh. I've become familiar with the manual and options, so I think I can help with beta evaluation!
Hello Mike,
I just bought MobileSheets for my brandnew 8'' Iconia Tab A1-830. I would like to skip 4.1 and start with 5.0 directly, even if it's a beta version.
I can offer to do some proof reading of the German UI. I'm an experienced musician and software developer, German is my mother language.
Please let me know how I can get a 5.0 version for testing.
Hi I,m very interested in a betatest I use the latest version, playing lead trumpet in 3 Big bands, I use a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2". I'm looking forward the halv page pageturn feature, as for now I have to memorize the last nabos in the bottom before I turn page. All the best from Benny Rosenfeld in Denmark
Hi Mike

I can do some beta testing too - and update the Danish translation again when it's needed.

Best regards
Jens-Erik
Hi everyone,
Going through the forum and waiting for an update on a release date (like everyone else) I noticed many people are willing to pay for a new version/update for this great software.
I bought MS because I play in several bigbands and it seems like a good investment at the time. Since I bought it, I must say, I hardly used it because I couldn't switch between pages (especially on fast tunes) and make it in time. The option of viewing half pages was missing and it made the program useless for me. I understand that with the new version the half page and scrolling mode are available and I am happy for that. I don't think one should pay full price for an update that is so desperately needed to make this program complete and useful (even for just some of us).

Guy
www.guysion.com
Oslo, Norway
(10-02-2014, 04:34 PM)guysion Wrote: I don't think one should pay full price for an update that is so desperately needed to make this program complete and useful (even for just some of us).

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think you are wrong on a couple of counts.

You might say that MS doesn't meet your specific needs, but it certainly seems to satisfy most users here.

I don't quite understand your comment about the time it takes to switch pages, I find it almost instantaneous. I would conjecture that this is not a problem for other users, else the forum would be full of complaints.

Half-page and scrolling will be useful for some users, but most of us seem to get by without either of these features.

You are not being asked to pay the full price. Mike has said the new version will be offered at a discounted price for the first month, thus enabling existing users to upgrade at a reduced cost.

I have to say, I'm disappointed at the number of people who seem to think this app is expensive. From memory, I paid about 6 euros for my copy. Mike has indicated the Pro version is going to be around the 10 euro mark.

Taken together this is way less than 20 euros. To me. it seems a small price to pay for something that is so useful and probably provides little return for the author.

Personally, I will happily pay whatever is asked, the software has changed things so much, for the better, I would hate to stop using it. I don't think I even need the proposed new features, but I would like Mike to get some return for his efforts.

Some here have happily paid for a second tablet (as a back-up, if the first one coughs) yet consider the software should be dirt cheap or even free!! Sorry, but this makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here