• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet recommendation: @tab or Hannspree?
Hi,
I currently use Mobilesheets on a Toshiba AT300SE 10.1 device but find the screen size rather small for live use.
I am planning on getting another larger tablet solely for Mobilesheets. I only have a limited budget and am currently considering the following 2 tablets:

@tab 13.3 (£240)
Hannspree 13.3 (£200)

Does anybody on the forum use either of these tablets with success?
Or are there any other budget options you could suggest?

Thanks.
Mick.
(08-07-2014, 05:00 PM)MickH Wrote: Hi,
I currently use Mobilesheets on a Toshiba AT300SE 10.1 device but find the screen size rather small for live use.
I am planning on getting another larger tablet solely for Mobilesheets. I only have a limited budget and am currently considering the following 2 tablets:

@tab 13.3 (£240)
Hannspree 13.3 (£200)

Thanks.
Mick.

I have a HP slate which is 21" available direct from HP at about £200
(08-07-2014, 06:59 PM)pauljohn Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 05:00 PM)MickH Wrote: Hi,

@tab 13.3 (£240)
Hannspree 13.3 (£200)

Thanks.
Mick.

I have a HP slate which is 21" available direct from HP at about £200

Hi,

You don't mention your exact scenario for "live use" but I thought I'd make this suggestion, in case it is something you'd consider. Many tablets have an HDMI output, so they could be connected to an external monitor. I own a Nexus 10, and I'm pretty sure that when I connect it to my TV, the tablet screen is still active, so I could navigate on the tablet and see my results on the big screen. Also, some tablets allow screen casting to select smart TVs.

Not sure if either of these would work for you, but there you have it.
I know little about the Hanspree, but I was thinking of buying an @tab as a backup for my Colorfly.

I've been very pleased with the Colorfly, but I'm also always aware that my eggs are all in the one basket and if it got lost, stolen or broken I'd be back paper (the idea of which horrifies me) or have no music at all, if something like happened on a gig.

The @tab can be purchased for a lot less than the figure you gave - check out eBay, where you can but a new one for half your figure. As far as I'm aware, it does not have Bluetooth support and that might be a deal-breaker for you.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks for all of your comments.
21" is probably larger than I need - in fact that is probably larger than my amp! ☺

My current tablet doesn't have an HDMI output and adding another bit of gear to my setup may well over complicate things.

I'm a guitarist so I only use chord charts so I don't really need bluetooth page turners. I did find the cheaper @tab on eBay and it is posted from the UK so if I were to have any problems with it I wouldn't need to ship it back to China. So thanks for that.

Rgds, Mick.
Firstly @tab are in administration so be very wary.

Having said that I have two (10.1 inch). One went faulty on the day they went into administration and it took me a lot of argument to get a replacement from the shop that supplied it.

Had them for 10 months now and they are fine and MS works grand on them

@tab does have bluetooth.
I am owning the Hanspree for several months now and it works well for me.
BT on board, but I havent used that yet (it's on my todo list ...)

Problem with bigger tablets is getting a stand for that.
Formerly (and in my rehearsal room) I placed that on a usual (stable) music stand.
For concerts I now use the Airturn Manos on a mic stand.

For choosing the "right" tablet dont forget your other requirements: What do you want to do with that else? Only MS for music or some other apps? Maybe these additional requirements influence your choice ...
For me, this works great with Hannspree (and it should with all 13 inch tablets):

http://www.amazon.com/Stagg-MUS-ARM-Atta...usic+stand

I screw it on top of the mic stand (instead of the side).

I could attached velcro to the back of the tablet and the stand to make it even more secure, but it feel stable enough without it.

Jeff
I use the Hannspree 13.3" tablet with MobileSheets and the BiliPro USB pedal. Works great! The screen is big enough to display a full page of music at essentially full size. I now have over 500 songs loaded, about half I scanned and half from the internet; total is just over 1GB (out of 13GB). The longest rehearsal I've had used less than 25% of the battery (I accompany a chorus and sometimes play in a symphony orchestra).

I am very happy with this combination, and have no major issues with it. The only issue is to be careful with the tablet's cover over its USB ports -- the only OTG adapter I have puts the cable to the right, but as I play piano the pedal must be to the left. The Hannspree's cover looks fragile and the pedal cable weighs on it; no problems in 8 months, but I worry....

I also have the Cicada BlueTooth pedal, but prefer the BiliPro. In particular the Cicada goes to sleep too quickly. During one symphony concert it slept during a movement in which I was tacet, and I barely woke it up in time for the next.
(08-08-2014, 11:42 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: For me, this works great with Hannspree (and it should with all 13 inch tablets):

http://www.amazon.com/Stagg-MUS-ARM-Atta...usic+stand

I screw it on top of the mic stand (instead of the side).

I could attached velcro to the back of the tablet and the stand to make it even more secure, but it feel stable enough without it.

Jeff

I use the same stand. Out of the box, it was too slippery for a tablet be secure. Rather than velcro, I cut strips of Rubbermaid shelf liner and glued them to the stand. That way I didn't have to put velcro on the tablet itself. The strips work well. You would knock the stand over before the tablet would slide off.
Smile 
The problem I have had is on a piano at a gig, where the music stand on the piano does not hold the tablet reliably (or not at all in one case). That's why I keep a roll of blue painter's tape in my kit -- it's low-residue but holds well enough. More often than the tablet, I need the tape to keep the pedals from sliding around on the floor, especially the damper pedal of an electric piano.

BTW the Hannspree 13.3" tablet is great -- I now have two of them (for backup).
The Hannspree 13.3. may be good value, but i sent it back, because the screen resolution was not doing it for me, very tiring on the eyesight and compared to the Samsung Note pro 12.2. i got now, almost blurry. With the latter, what you sacrifice in screen estate you more than make up for with the sharp image (and the integrated stylus is very handy for annotations too).

Also, this
http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info=1...c7fadc5e57

or
http://produkte.k-m.de/en/Multimedia-Equ...-black-3-8

depending on your mounting preferences, is an extremely well-conceived and -engineered holder even for these large pads (it fits 12.2, don't know if the 13.3 will but you can check the exact dimensions on the data sheet)

I'm glad I shelled out the little extra, it works beautifully, along with a pageflip bluetooth pedal.
I used to use that stand with my Toshiba 13.3. It is too small for the Hannspree.

In my case, it seemed ready to fall apart if it was touched lightly (maybe because the Toshiba was stretching it to its limit?).

So, I don't use it anymore.

(09-20-2014, 01:40 AM)delgado Wrote: The Hannspree 13.3. may be good value, but i sent it back, because the screen resolution was not doing it for me, very tiring on the eyesight and compared to the Samsung Note pro 12.2. i got now, almost blurry. With the latter, what you sacrifice in screen estate you more than make up for with the sharp image (and the integrated stylus is very handy for annotations too).

Also, this
http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info=1...c7fadc5e57

or
http://produkte.k-m.de/en/Multimedia-Equ...-black-3-8

depending on your mounting preferences, is an extremely well-conceived and -engineered holder even for these large pads (it fits 12.2, don't know if the 13.3 will but you can check the exact dimensions on the data sheet)

I'm glad I shelled out the little extra, it works beautifully, along with a pageflip bluetooth pedal.
Highly recommended. These are 13.3" tablets with quad core processor. They are currently retailing for less than £130 in the UK - so I recently bought one. The web site and spec sheet don't detail Bluetooth support (and their support desk also claimed not to support this) but in fact it does. My pageflip peddles connect fine; the screen is very good and performance excellent. Very pleased with general quality. Comes with on-the-go USB adapter and PC USB connector. Doesn't include Google Play Store but there's an easily found fix for that - it does include Amazon Store - where I installed MobileSheets from.

Was slightly dubious about the benefit of moving from a 10" to 13.3" tablet - but its absolutely fantastic. Everything from books to web pages are so much easier to browse. In fact I now use the tablet at least twice as much as the old 10" one.

Looking forward to MobileSheets 5...
I bought the Hannspree 13.3" after finding that my iPad 9.7" was too small for music. I make up my own song sheets on my Mac with my graphic design software (Canvas X) exactly to 800 x 1280 and save it as a 180 DPI PDF, which looks great on the Hannspree. I color the chord letters red and the lyrics black, very easy to see. They run about 40-60k each.

I also added a hand strap on the back that I also use to hold the tablet to my Cordoba folding music stand. Works great.
Chuwi 13.5 inch, Windows 10