• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Fakebooks and Search
I just recently started jazz piano lessons and my teacher recommended iGigbook as a "must-have". But being that I don't have an iPad, and didn't want to buy one to essentially *just* be a music reader, I am considering instead getting a Kindle Fire and this app.

Just a couple questions first:

1) The feature he showed me used the search function that then listed the tune he was searching for by book. Being that different fakebooks have different versions of each tune, when playing together it is important to be working out of the SAME book. Does the search results page in Mobilesheets also (or can it) list results by book?

2) If I buy a fakebook for my Kindle on Amazon, will it be imported automatically, or is there some way to import it easily, into Mobilesheets?

Thank you.
I don't know much about iPad apps, but for anyone wanting to know about iGigBook it's here: http://www.igigbook.com/

For better or worse, there are LOTs of iPad users out there and there are more app options than for Android... at least at this point in time. Mobilesheets does not (yet) offer the same kind of functioning described in igigbook.

As far as buying a musical scores from Amazon goes, well..... although I'm a big time Amazon fangirl, I don't buy by music from them. I find music in mobi format too limited to work with. I'd buy my fakebooks from some place that sells them as pdfs.
~got the blues in my shoes~
I mostly hang out here.
So it looks like, as far as I can tell, the only (big) difference between igigbook and mobilesheets is the pre-constructed indices that are available. Can someone confirm that to be true?
There are some other small features that iGigBook has that I'm playing catch up on, but I'd say the most important one is definitely the pre-constructed indices. From what I've seen, my annotations implementation is going to be much more powerful than what iGigBook has to offer, but once again, depending on your needs, you may or may not have much use for all of the options I will provide.
Awesome. Thanks!