• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations Box Problem
Mike:

The biggest problem I have has to do with an apparent bug regarding annotations. I am hoping you can take a look at it and maybe fix it in the upcoming update. (I have had this problem with two different tablets, so I don't think its the tablet.)

Basically, I often add text annotations to a pdf. In some cases the chords are too small to read or they are incorrect, etc.

So, I add a text block with a chord, for example (e.g., G7b9).

Importantly, I often use a white background in the text box so the text I am adding is not obscured by the pdf text. (For example, I cover up a different chord printed on the existing pdf).

Everything seems fine when I add the annotation. But, invariably, when I open up the sheet later, the text block is now bigger. It usually drops down lower than the text box I created. So, now it obscure parts of the pdf chart I need to see (for example, it drops down and obscures the melody in the lead sheet or the notes on the staff below the chord symbols).

So, maybe there is a way I could lock in the text block size so it would not change size? Or maybe there is something that needs to be fixed so this does not happen.

Thanks for looking into this.

Jeff
I use the Annotation in the same way (with yellow background to see the changes) without problems.
I use a Samsung Tab2 and my wife the tab3... both 10.1"
GOD bless you!
violin, guitar and voice at the CGS-Schwabbach
Maybe if I changed some setting this would not happen. Is there a function to fix the six of the text box or something?

quote='GeiGit' pid='4573' dateline='1408465378']
I use the Annotation in the same way (with yellow background to see the changes) without problems.
I use a Samsung Tab2 and my wife the tab3... both 10.1"
[/quote]
hmm... I don't fix something, I create a textfield, write in the right chord (p.e. "Am7"), change background to yellow, no borders, lettersize 18 (or 16), bold, center. Then I place the box over the wrong chord of my Songselect-pdf-songcheet (text with chords).
The zoom is mostly 108% to cut of the borders of the songsheet. Than I close the edit-mode with ok.
Maybe you'll check it once "the same way".
My tab2 has Android 4.2.2
GOD bless you!
violin, guitar and voice at the CGS-Schwabbach
Thanks, I think I am pretty much doing the same thing as you (I justify to the left, but that should not matter).

The only thing I can guess is maybe because I use a larger tablet (13.3 inches) it somehow affects the text box?

Don't know. . . . (I am now trying to avoid using a color in the text box to keep it from obscuring text I need to see. But I would prefer to be able to cover up the incorrect chord).

(08-20-2014, 03:01 PM)GeiGit Wrote: hmm... I don't fix something, I create a textfield, write in the right chord (p.e. "Am7"), change background to yellow, no borders, lettersize 18 (or 16), bold, center. Then I place the box over the wrong chord of my Songselect-pdf-songcheet (text with chords).
The zoom is mostly 108% to cut of the borders of the songsheet. Than I close the edit-mode with ok.
Maybe you'll check it once "the same way".
My tab2 has Android 4.2.2
Jeff,

I'm testing everything (and fixing endless bugs as I go), but once I get to checking out all the annotations functionality, I'll see if there is any way I can reproduce this problem. There is an "auto-size" feature for textboxes I believe. Do you have this enabled or disabled?

Thanks,
Mike
Hello, Mike:

Thanks for responding.

I read through the manual about auto-size. I have not figured out how to display/access the "additional options" (as it is referred to in the manual) that includes this feature. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe this is the solution (fingers crossed).

(08-21-2014, 01:25 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Jeff,

I'm testing everything (and fixing endless bugs as I go), but once I get to checking out all the annotations functionality, I'll see if there is any way I can reproduce this problem. There is an "auto-size" feature for textboxes I believe. Do you have this enabled or disabled?

Thanks,
Mike
At the bottom of the annotations screen is the collection of settings for the tools. Next to "Test Size" are three vertical dots. Tap these dots to bring up the additional settings. Auto-size Textbox is there. Unchecking this setting gives you control to set a specific height for the textbox, regardless of the content. This may indeed fix your issue.
Thanks, I will check that out.

(08-22-2014, 07:34 AM)Zuberman Wrote: At the bottom of the annotations screen is the collection of settings for the tools. Next to "Test Size" are three vertical dots. Tap these dots to bring up the additional settings. Auto-size Textbox is there. Unchecking this setting gives you control to set a specific height for the textbox, regardless of the content. This may indeed fix your issue.
It was unchecked, so I don't think that is it.

I wonder if the text box is dropping down lower than when I inserted (it only drops down; it does not enlarge in any other way) because it is a larger (13.3) tablet.

Could that have something to do with it? I don't know.

(08-22-2014, 08:12 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Thanks, I will check that out.

(08-22-2014, 07:34 AM)Zuberman Wrote: At the bottom of the annotations screen is the collection of settings for the tools. Next to "Test Size" are three vertical dots. Tap these dots to bring up the additional settings. Auto-size Textbox is there. Unchecking this setting gives you control to set a specific height for the textbox, regardless of the content. This may indeed fix your issue.
Well, going the other direction, you could try turning auto-size on and see if that prevents the problem.
Yep, I will do that. Smile

(08-23-2014, 01:42 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Well, going the other direction, you could try turning auto-size on and see if that prevents the problem.