• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5.0.0 More Previews
Hi Mike, any news on the new release date of MS Pro?
Smile 
Hi Mike,
wish you are doing well and to have a great New Year!
For us, I wish to have the new MS 5!! Smile Any news?

All the best!
Hello maestralien,

I am doing great, thanks. I hope you are also doing well and have a wonderful New Year. I think the Android side is almost ready for MS Pro, other than a few bug fixes, but the PC companion still needs a fair amount of work and the manual is not ready. I'll do my best to get everything wrapped up as quickly as I can.

Mike
Regarding upgrade price strategy. I'm a proponent of paying a one time fee for an upgrade as apposed to paying a subscription. I personally find software subscriptions annoying. That does not mean you should not be properly reimbursed for your development efforts for an upgrade - especially if its of the same high quality as the products you have delivered thus far.

You have made this musician's life so much easier. Thanks again.
Hi Mike...

you could start a croudfunding project at www.kickstarter.com with a financial objective of $5.000,00 or so...
If you get this financial objective, you will release MS5 for free...
If not everybody will get his money back and you think about an other idea...

Greets from Austria
Flo
To Mr. Zuberman,

I respectfully very much disagree with hook charging for this new version. I just bought Mobile Sheets and was very much under the impression updates were free. Previous customers should be grandfathered in on this. We have been loyal enough to purchase your product and help you make a more resilient one. Whats our pay back for helping you ???? Force charging us more??? Whaaaaattttt?[/b]
Please rescind your demand for us to PAY yet again. This is mis-represented. I feel scammed.

That said, I do like your product and using it on gigs. Its a very helpful tool but we have been helping you find the glitches to make this APP shine. Show us some appreciation and respect. I'm a 5 decade performing seasoned musician who loves this convenience however, I won't keep allowing hook charges on updates and labeling it "NEW PRODUCT". We're not stupid about promo scams.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but there are others who also look at this as an unscrupulous marketing tactic.

One other thing to also help you. Musicians have genre labelings/stylings that are more specific than your listings. Mambo is the only Latin rhythm title you have in there. We need at the very least Bossa-Nova, Samba, Rumba, Montunos, Salsa, Cha-Cha, suggesting specific styling flavorings often used or if you've run out of space to list them just "Latin Rhythms" would do for a catagory.
Not chiding you for it but Musicians need these for quick "Call UPs" on the fly at gigs.
The title "JAZZ" also has several sub-catagories: Dixieland, Be-Bop, Swing, BigBand, 2 - Beat, Fusion. This would really help be way more efficient for finding "Call - Ups" at the Gig.

Thats it for now. Thanks for listening.
Sincerely,

Kyjam001
Kyjam001,

I have provided free updates since 2011. That's a little over 3 years of free updates. Additionally, I am only charging $4 to the upgrade to MobileSheetsPro. It is normally going to be priced at $12.99 - I am only charging existing users the difference in cost between versions. I'm doing this because I'm grateful to all the help I have gotten from users. I also want to continue to support this app, and the income that will be generated from this new version I've been working on for well over a year and a half will help with that. Also, if you are happy with the original MobileSheets, you can continue to use that - I am not forcing anyone to update to MobileSheetsPro.

MobileSheetsPro is also not just an "update". I basically rewrote the entire application. The amount of work that has gone into this is not some small effort. I think the model that is used for mobile apps is not a sustainable one. Buy once and get free upgrades for life? That would be unheard of with PC software. That's why most companies are now using either in-app purchases (where they nickel and dime you for everything) or subscription based models. I know how much I hate both of those, and I assume you do too. That's why I was hoping that MobileSheetsPro would help generate some additional income so that I can keep supporting development for a long time to come.

As for your input about genres - this is already handled in MobileSheetsPro. You now have complete control over the entries in every single list. I think you should probably learn more about MobileSheetsPro before you assume it's just a minor update, as it sounds like you aren't aware of what is included in it.

Mike
(01-18-2015, 03:12 AM)Kyjam001 Wrote: To Mr. Zuberman,

I respectfully very much disagree with hook charging for this new version. I just bought Mobile Sheets and was very much under the impression updates were free. Previous customers should be grandfathered in on this. We have been loyal enough to purchase your product and help you make a more resilient one. Whats our pay back for helping you ???? Force charging us more??? Whaaaaattttt?[/b]
Please rescind your demand for us to PAY yet again. This is mis-represented. I feel scammed.

Kyjam001

Please be GRATEFUL and THANKFUL to who develops such an AMAZING app as MobileSheets and that is going to release a GREAT upgrade which I and many customers can't wait to PAY and get working!

Please, take out 4 USD from your pocket and BUY it if you want to work with MS Pro, otherwise you can keep working on the version you own.

Best regards.
I had to clean up the other thread. This is the response from AndyL:

I think you should read through this thread to see what the general feeling here is and what Mike is proposing.

http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/fo...p?tid=1505

Early on Mike says :-

Quote:
One thing I can do that might appease most people would be to release version 5.0 as MobileSheetsPro and sell it for $3.99 for a month.

Many of the users feel this is fair as Mike has put so much time into this new release.

Several of the other pieces of music software I use cost several hundred pounds and often have annual updates that are close to another hundred pounds. MobileSheets is excellent value at the cost of drink at your local bar. I'm quite happy to stand Mike another drink.

And this is probably not the right thread to be discussing this. If you must, please start a new thread.

Andy
(01-18-2015, 03:12 AM)Kyjam001 Wrote: I just bought Mobile Sheets and was very much under the impression updates were free.

Updates to MS (although unlikely to be many, just fixes) will continue to be free. MSPro, however, is a totally different animal and the differences between it and MS are like chalk and cheese. I have no doubt that anybody who has seen what it can do would agree that it is well worth the price that is being asked.

(01-18-2015, 03:12 AM)Kyjam001 Wrote: We have been loyal enough to purchase your product and help you make a more resilient one. Whats our pay back for helping you ???? Force charging us more??? Whaaaaattttt?[/b]

I find your post pretty offensive, particularly so since it is your first post here and you have obviously failed to read about what has been discussed before. It was we users who, almost to a man, insisted that Mike make a charge for his efforts. It was widely felt the labourer was worthy of his hire.

(01-18-2015, 03:12 AM)Kyjam001 Wrote: That said, I do like your product and using it on gigs.

Then feel free to continue using it. Nobody is forcing you to move to MSPro (but I bet you will, when you see what it can do).

(01-18-2015, 03:12 AM)Kyjam001 Wrote: Its a very helpful tool but we have been helping you find the glitches to make this APP shine.

We volunteered to help, nobody was strong-armed into it. You had zero input, but felt you had a right to criticise our decision. What makes you think you have that right?

We did so because we recognised that a single developer needed a beta team to help find all the problems that were bound to arise following a total re-coding and across the wide variety of hardware that is out there. Nobody was expecting payment for this, or even a free copy of the finished app.

(01-18-2015, 03:12 AM)Kyjam001 Wrote: Show us some appreciation and respect.

I find that a bit rich coming from someone whose first post here shows neither!!

(01-18-2015, 03:12 AM)Kyjam001 Wrote: I won't keep allowing hook charges on updates and labeling it "NEW PRODUCT". We're not stupid about promo scams.

Well, in my opinion you are being stupid in this instance. MSPro is definitely a 'new' product. Apart from the basic function of MS - the storage and display of music charts - there is little else that existed in MS and what there was has been greatly enhanced, plus a host of new features.

(01-18-2015, 03:12 AM)Kyjam001 Wrote: One other thing to also help you. Musicians have genre labelings/stylings that are more specific than your listings. Mambo is the only Latin rhythm title you have in there. We need at the very least ...... etc

All this - and a lot more - has been addressed in MSPro.

It's your choice, continue to use MS and be happy, or cry all the way to the bank and spend the additional 4 bucks to get the NEW MSPro.

Whichever choice you make, please do so without shooting off your mouth about a subject you clearly haven't researched at all.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Harper tips her hat to Graeme!
I bought MS about a month ago and am new to Android and associated programs. I must say that I can't understand why anyone would complain about 4 dollars for what I hope is a much improved product. Petty for sure.
(01-21-2015, 02:25 PM)doogie Wrote: I bought MS about a month ago and am new to Android and associated programs.  I must say that I can't understand why anyone would complain about  4 dollars for what I hope is  a much improved product. Petty for sure.

I agree . The cost of 4 dollars to upgrade to MS pro is minimal. Even the cost of 12 dollars for the full product is small compared with the cost of the hardware required to establish a workable solution and considering the capabilities of the product. Really people should get a grip of things and stop complaining.

Do we have a tentative projected date for release of MS pro?
Question 
I like what I see about this app.  Not being too tech savvy, I just want to buy it and learn its use and use it.  I don't mind paying a few bucks but can't see a link or any easy way to download the latest version.  If it's going to be off in the indefinite future,  I would like to know so that I can get started with something that is ready now or within the next few weeks.

Could someone please explain the "when" and the "how" of buying Version 5?
Thank you Smile
Version 5 is going to be released as a separate application called MobileSheetsPro. It will be available in the app stores just like MobileSheets is currently. I'm still working on the companion app updates, the manual after that, and bug reports as they come up for the beta.

Mike