• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5.0.0 More Previews
Thank you for the reply.  So are we talking about a week, or a month or years before 5 is available

I wouldn't be surprised if there are not a bunch of us now ready to pay for a user-friendly program like this. 
It's a matter of weeks. I would love to be able to finish things up in the next week, but because I can only work nights and weekends, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do it. I had been hoping the bug reports would slow down a bit so I would be able to get the companion app finished, but there are still a lot of things popping up.

Mike
Mike, this is my first time posting to any blog, but I felt I needed to throw in my thoughts after reading the post from Kyjam001. I purchased Mobilesheets five weeks ago, I have used it in performances and think the app is great.

I suggest you not follow the common model used by other app developers whereby users are provided with free upgrades in perpetuity.  As long as documentation or videos  highlighting functionality are available prior to purchase,  you should feel comfortable that purchasers got what they paid for.  I can understand free bug fixes,  but beyond that,  I suggest you combine enhancements,  release a new product and charge fully for it.

if you released a new version tomorrow,  as long as my current version still functioned for me,  how could I possibly be upset by the pricing on the new version? You could charge whatever you want and I then need to decide the value of the new product to me.

Don't  listen to the whiners. Those who choke on 15 bucks or so for software like this should either buy a cheaper tablet or charge more for gigs (and if you can't get more for gigs,  practice more so you can).
Patiently waiting. Well, waiting anyway. How will I know when MS Pro is released?
A number of things will happen:

1) The main website will be updated with a new post about it.
2) The forum will be updated with a post about it.
3) The original MobileSheets will be updated, and a message will pop up notifying users about the availability of MobileSheetsPro in the market with a link to go to it.
4) The facebook and twitter accounts for MobileSheets will post notifications about it.

Mike
Nice post windplayer, couldn't agree with you more, just a word of warning I think I might have picked up a virus on the tablet, so make sure you back up I lost everything, had to start from scratch, not fun
A friend of mine (Hugh Sung, author of Paper to Pixels) recommended your software. I see you are about to come out with a new version, which I will (anxiously) wait for if it's in fact coming soon.

I take from your list of update choices that you don't maintain an email list or newsletter, so I'll just keep an eye out.

As a musician who can't wait to go digital I'd like to thank you for all you do.
(02-03-2015, 07:17 AM)PianoWorldDotCom Wrote: I see you are about to come out with a new version, which I will (anxiously) wait for if it's in fact coming soon.

Why not just get the current release and upgrade when the new version comes out?

This would allow you to start getting your music into the right format and building your library.  At the same time, it will give you a chance to get used to the basic operation of MS.  MS Pro, while having a load of additional functions, still basically works the same way as the current release.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks Graeme, probably a good idea, provided the new version is a straight upgrade from the current one.
(02-03-2015, 09:05 AM)PianoWorldDotCom Wrote: Thanks Graeme, probably a good idea, provided the new version is a straight upgrade from the current one.

Mike can answer that more specifically than I could, but my understanding is that any upgrade would be seamless to the user.  Mike has already said that early adopters of the new version (MS Pro) will only pay the difference between the current version and the new one, so they will not be disadvantaged financially.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Hello Mike. A new member to your forum I wanted to say thanks for producing the current application, it motivated me to recently purchase a Samsung Galaxy 12.2 tablet and the two form a powerful and practical e-music reader combination. I look forward to the new version and echo the earlier comments from 'windplayer' I purchased the current version on the functionality that exists today. It is clear your new version is more than a basic update/bug fix and so you should feel at ease charging a fair price for the work involved. Otherwise, the android community will suffer long term where developers are not willing to produce professional and stable packages such as Mobilesheets.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+, Android 13, MobileSheetsPro, MobileSheets Companion, Airturn ATFS-2 Bluetooth Dual Pedals, Clavinova CVP-709PE, Yamaha Genos
Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the support. I definitely think I could have handled the transition better. What I originally thought of as an "update" turned into more than 90% of the code being rewritten or modified. Live and learn...

Mike
(02-04-2015, 03:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the support. I definitely think I could have handled the transition better. What I originally thought of as an "update" turned into more than 90% of the code being rewritten or modified. Live and learn...

Mike

That's what I've been wondering since you've first announced and considered a rewrite of MS - of course bugs will always pop up from user scrutiny, but I'd vote toward settling on a final feature list.

User suggestions will never stop, which is a great thing for both everyone else and the power of your app. At some point you'd probably need to draw a line, and focus on squashing on what remaining issues the current feature list has. It sounds a bit like market speak but I've been suspecting that you've realized that with such a passionate userbase it'll never end!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
(09-16-2014, 09:45 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Thank you maestralien!

Graeme, I'm not sure what I should do. I've told many people they could upgrade for free, and a lot of users purchased the current version under the assumption that that would be possible.  While I would love to be rewarded for the amount of work that went into this update, angering my current user base is the last thing I want to do. I completely understand your point of view though - a potentially risky upgrade for professionals using the app is definitely an issue.

While I would still love to hear everyone's opinion on this, I think the plan still has to be to rely on the beta to ensure that the new version is 100% stable before I release it. If everyone bangs on the new version for 2-3 weeks, and there are no glaring issues, I think I will be confident enough to release the update for everyone.

Mike

It doesn't seem unreasonable to ask for a small fee to upgrade if the current version user upgrades to 5.0 in say 6 months since purchase. It's also possible to ask for a donation along with a free upgrade. Even if it's only a few dollars ($1-5), that could add up to a nice reward for being kind.
I am sure people won't mind paying to upgrade to the new version once it is finished, I for one am up for it. Thanks for all your hard work.
Bill.