Poll: Would you like Master/Slave multiple tablets control option added to MobileSheets?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
75.86%
22 75.86%
NO
24.14%
7 24.14%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control
Possible answer. Import one multipage pdf containing each part. One number/name[maybe] given to the basic pdf then the snippet tool/csv file used to separate each part out on the master. The basic pdf would have to be loaded on all machines but only the appropriate snippet for each part on a particular machine. When the master selects the piece, and communicates with the slaves would the appropriate snippet load? The snippet/csv uses the name of the basic pdf to generate the page[s] displayed and the snippet uses a user supplied name, not the basic name.
I probably left something out or missed something, but maybe someone who knows more can try it out.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I can certainly look into adding a song number field, along with options in the connect devices dialog to choose what field to use for matching (title, song number, custom, etc). I'm not sure which update I'll slip this into as it's going to require database and UI changes to all three applications.
That sounds good Mike. I do not think using the existing Custom fields would be a good idea because anyone could already be using them. Does it need to match for anything more than just the song number? I suppose it could also match according to how the users want to set it up, but it might have a different song title (different language for instance).
Also perhaps the 'song number' to be could be alphanumeric, so someone in different bands (or classes) could use letters in the song number.
And a find/change batch in the companion so they can be mapped to something else?
I haven't been on for a while...but it looks like this Master/Slave thing is UP AND RUNNING?!??! AWESOME!

But, if I'm reading correctly....its only available for Windows 10 devices?

I have 9 insignia tablets that are running Android 5.0.1

Does this mean the Master/Slave functionality ISN'T available on my tablets?

If so, which tablets do I need to get in order to be able to get Master/Slave functionality?

I'm a lifetime Mac user so the PC world is foreign.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
Whats the best way to create a Wifi Network for all the tablets to connect to?

I'd simply plug in some kind of router/modem on stage and connect all the tablets to them ... then I can Master/Slave on the Wifi!!!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap solution?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
(12-05-2017, 04:53 AM)dallaskruse Wrote: Whats the best way to create a Wifi Network for all the tablets to connect to?

I'd simply plug in some kind of router/modem on stage and connect all the tablets to them ... then I can Master/Slave on the Wifi!!!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap solution?

You should be able to use one of the tablets as a WIFI hotspot for all to connect to. (free, you have the tablet)

You could also use an old WIFI-capable router from the thrift store. (cheap, I usually see them for $10 or less...be sure to get the power supply for it!)

I don't know if it would be better or not for the master tablet to also be the hotspot, but for sure whichever tablet IS the hotspot will use a lot of battery power unless it's plugged in.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
The master/slave functionality is available on both Windows 10 and Android. A hotspot should work really well - you can even set one up with your phone, which is what I sometimes do.

Mike
(04-04-2017, 02:37 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I can certainly look into adding a song number field, along with options in the connect devices dialog to choose what field to use for matching (title, song number, custom, etc).  I'm not sure which update I'll slip this into as it's going to require database and UI changes to all three applications.

Hi Mike, we are still hoping for this option. Is it still on your list?
Thanks,
Marc
It's still on the list - I'm just jumping between all of the requests and trying to add the simplest ones first while still working on the larger planned updates.
(03-10-2018, 06:28 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It's still on the list - I'm just jumping between all of the requests and trying to add the simplest ones first while still working on the larger planned updates.

Hi Mike, we are still interested in the song number option.  Big Grin
Would be great if, you can fulfill our wish in one of the future releases. 
Cheers, Marc