• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toolbox: Eraser?
First: The software is fantastic!

I have a problem with the "eraser" in the toolbox. If I want to erase something and I activate the "eraser"-symbol, than happens: nothing.
I tried to change "color" and "Fill" to "white", but nothing happened.

I can open a rectangle, but after that it happens: nothing.

How I can erase something in the Editor? (ok, I can take the backward step, but this is not a solution)
You have three options for deleting annotations:

Eraser - With the eraser, drag a rectangle around what you want to erase. You can erase portions of freeform drawings, or if you draw the rectangle completely around a stamp or textbox, you can delete those entirely.

Popup Menu - While in selection mode (the arrow at the top) press and hold for a second on an annotation and then release. You will get a popup, and one of the options is delete

Group Box - At the top left, there is a popup menu button. Press this and make sure that "Show Groups" is activated. This will open a pane at the top left that lists every annotation you've created. You can now select one or more annotations from the list, and then tap the delete button (trash can) at the bottom right of the window.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.
THANKS a lot for that quick answer!

(11-19-2012, 02:31 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You have three options for deleting annotations:

Eraser - With the eraser, drag a rectangle around what you want to erase. You can erase portions of freeform drawings, or if you draw the rectangle completely around a stamp or textbox, you can delete those entirely.

Popup Menu - While in selection mode (the arrow at the top) press and hold for a second on an annotation and then release. You will get a popup, and one of the options is delete

Group Box - At the top left, there is a popup menu button. Press this and make sure that "Show Groups" is activated. This will open a pane at the top left that lists every annotation you've created. You can now select one or more annotations from the list, and then tap the delete button (trash can) at the bottom right of the window.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.
I am a newbie here. I have just downloaded the Mobile Sheets program and I wanted to annotate a key change, but upon clicking the Eraser icon, a box started to be drawn where I wanted to annotate, but upon releasing the mouse button the box for entering the annotation disappeared. This should be a pretty recent version of Mobile Sheets, so I don't think my icon was anachronisitic.
It sounds as though you are trying to use the eraser to remove some of the underlying file (probably a pdf). The eraser only removes bits of previous MSP annotations to the pdf e.g. one has scribbled freehand over the file but only want to clear some of it

To block out some of the pdf, select the fill tool (highlighter) and set both the outline and the fill colour to white.
Alternatively, if you are correcting the pdf using text, select the 'A' tool and set it's background colour to White (or whatever) - it typically is None (which means that the pdf underneath the text is not obscured).

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(03-28-2019, 05:59 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: It sounds as though you are trying to use the eraser to remove some of the underlying file (probably a pdf). The eraser only removes bits of previous MSP annotations to the pdf e.g. one has scribbled freehand over the file but only want to clear some of it

To block out some of the pdf, select the fill tool (highlighter) and set both the outline and the fill colour to white.
Alternatively, if you are correcting the pdf using text, select the 'A' tool and set it's background colour to White (or whatever) - it typically is None (which means that the pdf underneath the text is not obscured).

Geoff

Thank you Geoff. I pretty much came to that by trial and error! If you can't erase some text, cover it over with white highlighter. It works pretty well.