• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to transfer or copy registered full version
New soon-to-be-user questions:

If MobileSheets is installed initially on internal tablet RAM, do I have to purchase the app again to install on an SD card later? ( I don't have the SD card installed yet)

And what happens when I replace the tablet? Do I have to purchase MS again from the PlayStore?

If MS is installed on the SD card, can the SD card be moved to another tablet and used there?

Thanks, never bought an app before.
From Play you can easily reinstall. I have done factory resets without issue on both phone and tablet.

Gman Stl,
To be clear . . . when you buy the app on PlayStore, as long as you are "you" (and logged in), you can move the purchased app with you whether it is to a new device or a new location such as a new SD card on your tablet. The key seems to be then that somehow the store knows you already own it.

Do I have this right?
That is correct. The purchase is tied to your account, not your device, so you can install it on any device you own, and reinstall it any number of times.

Mike
Thanks!
Will purchase the full version this weekend.
When I attempted to install on a Samsung Note 4, the Playstore indicated that the app is incompatible. Is this true?
(12-15-2014, 12:44 AM)GuitarPlayer Wrote: When I attempted to install on a Samsung Note 4, the Playstore indicated that the app is incompatible. Is this true?

I often see something like this in relation to an app I would like to try out. My solution is to install the app concerned and see if it works. Nine out of ten it does!

The most usual 'problem' - if it can be called that - is the screen orientation is not the way I would like it, but I use another app to rotate it the way I want.

There's quite a lot of information to display in MS and even more in the beta version, not sure if the small screen of the Note 4 is really up to the job - only you will be able to decide that.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
The PlayStore will not permit me to install or download on the Note 4 (no install button on the MS app page). Is there a way around that? Maybe an executable download available to install without the PS?
Unfortunately, I have restricted Google Play to 7" and larger devices because MobileSheets has issues with screens that are smaller than that. You will experience issues with buttons being potentially positioned on top of each other, search text fields being extremely small, and some other oddities I'm sure. Some users still like to use MS on those devices though, even with the limitations.

If you want to install MobileSheets on your Samsung Note 4, you can try it out on SlideME. I would suggest you download the free version first to make sure it will work for you. On a side note, I think MS Pro (currently in beta) probably works better on smaller devices, as the layouts are a little more flexible, but I haven't tested this.

Mike
I have it on my Galaxy S2 only because I own two versions (Play plus Amazon). Wish I could load to the phone from Play. Also wish you would allow it to work on phones officially with a warning that it works best (perfectly on S2) in landscape mode. With the phone I can always sit in or perform at unplanned sessions. The display and audio features work perfectly. In portrait mode the library headings overlap. Hope you reconsider this. Suspect the new version would work perfectly for live display. Selling this with a warning (if needed) for phones is a key sales point. I can tell you that musicians that use phones purchase iRealPro or look up songs on line. Having MS on the phone is a tremendous advantage! If you don't allow loading on phones I will be forced to continue using 4 on the phone.

Gman Stl,

Will test on phone if possible?

Gman Stl,
I agree with GMAN. Unlock the 7" restriction with an advertised warning. In a bind, I would resort to using MS on my phone. A Samsung Note 4 is a bit larger than some, certainly smaller than a tablet, but great for emergencies. If I want it on my phone, I now need to purchase again on SlideMe.
I don't even mind paying twice but want to get it on Play asap. I know an upright bass player that reads charts from his phone velcrod to the side of his basis. I don't want to update both the old and new versions as I add new tunes. I will write the endorsement for using on a phone.

Gman Stl,
I'm very torn on this issue. If I remove the restriction on 7" tablets with a warning, I guarantee you a huge number of users will never read the warning, will download the app, then give me one star reviews because it doesn't work correctly. I'm sure I will also get endless emails about it too, reducing the time I have to work on other important issues.

If I release a separate version that is simplified for phones, it could also double as the "Lite" version of MS Pro, with much simpler interfaces that can scale down to a phone. This would require a lot of work though, so I can't promise exactly how long this would take. Most things would probably require a UI redesign in order to fit on a phone (like the audio player). If I released the Lite version at a much lower price point, say $3.99-4.99, this could be a great entry level version for users who don't want all the frills. This would make existing MS Pro users purchase again if they wanted the Lite version for their phone though. So it would help to know what people would like most. As it stands right now, I'm not too keen on opening the existing version up to phones...

Mike
Please release it for the phone. In landscape it performs beautifully as is with version 4 on my Galaxy S2. Release it as is as a separate title and price and you can make it clear that is an add on compatible with the tablet and companion. When I see great reviews and a few atypical low ratings it is easy to figure out it is user error and doesn't affect my purchase. If I can I will attempt to load the beta on my phone and report back. I played a party last night and guests were blown away using MS when they sat in and performed. A singer friend was using the beta to look up lyrics in minutes.

Lots of us will purchase both!

Gman Stl,