• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Program change via midi or wifi ?
Hello all , it's my first post here in this forum !
I would like to buy this software but before , i need to know if it's possible to control MS via midi control change or via wifi .
We will be 3 musicians with 3 tab for music sheets , i use ableton live 9 with a motu 828mk3 and via midi , i would like to send control change each time i load a new song , all 3 tab will load the new music sheet .
Do you think it's possible to do with MS ? Or , did i change the way to control the tab by a master tab and 2 slaves tab by wifi ? I don't know if it's possible , i just release the plan on a paper !!!
Anyway , MS looks very great peace of software, congratulation !
See you and happy Christmas to all .
Sam
With MobileSheetsPro (currently in beta) you can control MS via MIDI Control change messages. At the moment, you can only load songs by mapping control change commands to songs. In the future, I will add support for trigger actions based on MIDI commands. It sounds like based on your needs, MS Pro will meet your requirements.

Being able to control other tablets through WIFI is something that will not be added for a little while.

Mike
Thank you Mike for your replies.
It's exactly what i want to do with MS , assign a control change for each song and each time i will trigger a new song , all 3 tablets will be ready , i saw on youtube some goods tutorials about midi over wifi , with a Mac and a PC , it's possible so i will bye 3 licenses for the 3 tablets soon !!!
Mike , where can i buy MS pro , i didn't see any link here on the site .
Thank you.
Sam
MSPro is currently in beta and not available for purchase. A release is expected very soon.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I currently only support MIDI over USB. MIDI over WIFI is a whole other beast that I'll have to tackle at some point.

Mike
Oh ok i get it , anyway if i create an adhoc wifi connection bee twin my mac and my tablet , that's will work but for the the software MS, not, because he don't have the input convertion for the wifi to midi?
Little complex to understand for me , sorry!!!
thank you anyway .
Sam
I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking. If you want MIDI to work over WIFI, adhoc or otherwise, it will not work at this time. Only a USB cable connecting the tablet to the other device will work.

Mike
Yes Mike , (just) MS receive Midi over wifi , for 3 tablets , it will be a dream for the synchro and the speed to chain songs .
It will be depending of the Program MS or it's another technical thing?
Hope it will be realise , for big orchestra like symphonic or big band or school , can be great !!!!

Sam
I would need to write all of the code myself to process the sending/receiving of MIDI over WIFI. I can also add bluetooth at that time, as they won't be very different. There are open source implementations of MIDI over USB and bluetooth, but not wifi. Once I understand the specifics for MIDI over bluetooth, I'll just change the code that sends the messages to go out over the network. I'm not exactly sure how much work this will be or how long it will take.

Mike
Thank you Mike for your reply and open mind to all ideas of future consumer !!!
i keep in touch .
All the best.

Sam