• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyperlink
I am a member of a church choir, and many of the pieces that we saying are found in the 1,280 page Choral Praise (CP). In addition to having been given a print copy of the book, I bought the e-book in PDF format that is intended for use on mobile devices. I have a Samsung tablet, model SM-T-800. I purchased a copy of MobileSheets with the expectation that I would be able to use the software to manage the music.

CP is elegantly prepared with hyperlinks to various sections and songs in the book. Unfortunately, the hyperlinks do not work in MobileSheets. I have three PDF viewers on my tablet: Drive PDF Viewer does not read the hyperlinks in CP. Hancom PDF Viewer and Office Suite Pro read the CP hyperlinks. On my desktop computer, both PDF Viewer Plus 7.2 from Nuance Communications and Adobe Reader read the CP hyperlinks.

Is there a way to us the CP hyperlinks in MobileSheets?
(12-27-2014, 04:49 AM)William T. (Bill) Lyons Wrote: I am a member of a church choir, and many of the pieces that we saying are found in the 1,280 page Choral Praise (CP). In addition to having been given a print copy of the book, I bought the e-book in PDF format that is intended for use on mobile devices. I have a Samsung tablet, model SM-T-800. I purchased a copy of MobileSheets with the expectation that I would be able to use the software to manage the music.

CP is elegantly prepared with hyperlinks to various sections and songs in the book. Unfortunately, the hyperlinks do not work in MobileSheets. I have three PDF viewers on my tablet: Drive PDF Viewer does not read the hyperlinks in CP. Hancom PDF Viewer and Office Suite Pro read the CP hyperlinks. On my desktop computer, both PDF Viewer Plus 7.2 from Nuance Communications and Adobe Reader read the CP hyperlinks.

Hello Bill,

I am also a member of a church choir, and we also use the Choral Praise hymnal. Several of us are using the PDF version in conjunction with the printed books.

You are correct about MobileSheets not currently having support for hyperlinks in PDF files. For those of us with Android tablets and MobileSheets, I created individual songs for each song in the book, which specified a range of pages in a single copy of the PDF file. Each song entry has the artist, sung key and song number stored (I stored the song number in the custom field). As you might guess, this was a time consuming process, but once it was complete, I was able to share my library with other MobileSheets users in the choir.

One drawback to this PDF file that you have probably already noticed is that it is formatted for devices with a 4:3 aspect ratio (this would include the iPad family and the new Nexus 9). So for my tablet (a Nexus 10) there is a border at the top & bottom of each page. Fortunately, I was able to adjust for this by zooming each song.

Mike has stated in other threads that he plans to add support for PDF hyperlinks in an upcoming version.
MobileSheetsPro (currently in beta) does support hyperlinks. I'm getting very close to being ready to release it.

Mike
(12-27-2014, 08:08 AM)Snard Wrote:
(12-27-2014, 04:49 AM)William T. (Bill) Lyons Wrote: I am a member of a church choir, and many of the pieces that we saying are found in the 1,280 page Choral Praise (CP). In addition to having been given a print copy of the book, I bought the e-book in PDF format that is intended for use on mobile devices. I have a Samsung tablet, model SM-T-800. I purchased a copy of MobileSheets with the expectation that I would be able to use the software to manage the music.

Hello Bill,

I am also a member of a church choir, and we also use the Choral Praise hymnal. Several of us are using the PDF version in conjunction with the printed books.

You are correct about MobileSheets not currently having support for hyperlinks in PDF files. For those of us with Android tablets and MobileSheets, I created individual songs for each song in the book, which specified a range of pages in a single copy of the PDF file. Each song entry has the artist, sung key and song number stored (I stored the song number in the custom field). As you might guess, this was a time consuming process, but once it was complete, I was able to share my library with other MobileSheets users in the choir.

One drawback to this PDF file that you have probably already noticed is that it is formatted for devices with a 4:3 aspect ratio (this would include the iPad family and the new Nexus 9). So for my tablet (a Nexus 10) there is a border at the top & bottom of each page. Fortunately, I was able to adjust for this by zooming each song.

Mike has stated in other threads that he plans to add support for PDF hyperlinks in an upcoming version.

That sounds like a lot of work; I;ll wait for Mike's fix.

Bill