• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Splitter on foot pedal
I need to help a colleague set up foot pedals for his MS on his tablet.

He needs a dual pedal to go forwards and backwards on his sheet music.

You used to be able to get dual pedals on EBay but they seem to have disappeared as I can't source any.

I am wondering, if I get two individual pedals, set one up for right arrow, the other for left arrow, and use a USB splitter, would that work?

I am not too clever on this sort of thing.

Thanks

Gerry
This one too pricey? http://www.amazon.com/BiLiPro-Page-Turne...B00IEOIJ8E

(01-16-2015, 03:12 AM)gerryfitz Wrote: I need to help a colleague set up foot pedals for his MS on his tablet.

He needs a dual pedal to go forwards and backwards on his sheet music.

You used to be able to get dual pedals on EBay but they seem to have disappeared as I can't source any.

I am wondering, if I get two individual pedals, set one up for right arrow, the other for left arrow, and use a USB splitter, would that work?

I am not too clever on this sort of thing.

Thanks

Gerry
Thanks, yes a bit pricey and I am in the UK
I use USB hub/splitter to be able to use USB pedal and USB connection to my keyboard at the same time without any problem. I don't see why two USB pedals shoudn't work the same...

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
There are loads of these things on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R...l&_sacat=0
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Can you get the Cicada Pageflip (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0...Caps%2C374) in the UK? That's what I use. It's a single unit with 2 pedals.
You can get all the Bluetooth pedals in the UK. The problem for many is they are not as cheap an option as the USB pedals are - by some margin.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Thanks, I can find a three pedal USB switch on EBay. The Cicada and Bluetooth pedals are too pricey for him.
For the cost of two individual pedals and a USB hub I think I will just have a go and see what happens !!
(01-16-2015, 08:39 PM)gerryfitz Wrote: Thanks, I can find a three pedal USB switch on EBay. The Cicada and Bluetooth pedals are too pricey for him.
For the cost of two individual pedals and a USB hub I think I will just have a go and see what happens !!

I'd go for a three pedal model - you can get one for under 20 quid - and you will probably find a use for the third pedal at some time.

I bought a three pedal model and never really found a use for the third pedal but, now I have seen the additional features that will be in the upcoming release of MSPro, I can think of several things I could use it for.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Good advice Graeme, I think I will do that.