• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proper setup so files go to SDcard
I have found that the majority of my songs are being stored in the internal memory of my tablet.  I would like to have them in a folder on my sdcard to save internal space.  I did a backup to my PC using the Windows Companion software.  I used the 'Clear Library' function under 'Advanced' Options and then used the 'Set Removable Storage Location' under the Utilities option to a folder on the sdcard.  I then used the Windows companion software and did a restore from backup and selected the option to restore to the removable location. 

I looked at several songs and the pdf file is set to [default location].  Is there another setting that should have been done before the restore?

Thanks,

Sue

Windows 7 home edition - Companion version 1.5.6, MobileSheets version 4.1.6.
What Android version are you running and from which supplier?  It would seem that some tablets are not set up to write to the external card, only read from it.  I had this problem with my tablet and had to hack it to write to the card.  Details of how I did this are here  -  http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...hp?tid=448
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Samsung Galaxy Tab4 running 4.4.2 I will look at your post.
If you want to use an external SD card as the storage location for MobileSheets, you have to create a very specific path on the external SD card. If the path to the external sd card is /mnt/extSdCard, then the root folder you have to use is:

/mnt/extSdCard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/files

You can put any folders/files you want under that, but that is the only folder that the OS will let MobileSheets to write to if you are running 4.4.x. For MobileSheetsPro, the path will be /mnt/extSdCard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files, but my new storage location dialog has an SD card button you can click to automatically populate the path.

Mike
I use MS with
"Let MobileSheets Manage My Files" = OFF.
"Expose Database File" = ON
and the default MobileSheets storage location
It works fine with some PDF files in
/storage/sdcard1/_Fakebooks (this is an external micro sd card)
some sheet music in
/storage/emulated/0/_MobileSheets (this is the "emulated sd card" which is part of the internal flash)
I manage my sheet music in _Fakebooks and _MobileSheets with TotalCommander for Android and FolderSync and update MS using its "Batch Import"
MS stores its data like database and so on in
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetsprobeta/files
This works fine, as in my understanding MS needs write access only for its own files and won't write into sheet music files. Please correct me Mike, if I'm wrong.
Thus MS needs only a few Megabytes of precious internal flash, the mass of data is on a 32 GB external sd card that I can easily replace with an even bigger one if required (what I don't expect to come soon)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Where do you set:  "Let MobileSheets Manage My Files" = OFF.
"Expose Database File" = ON" ?

I had tried Mike's suggestion and put the exact name for the 'Set Removable Storage Location' and did a Restore Backup using the Companion software to 'Removable Storage'.  It still placed the files to the default location.

I'm no where near filling up the internal storage, but would like to use my SD card.

Sue
Sue,

It's possible there is a bug in the companion app when doing a restore to removable storage. I would recommend dropping the backup file on the tablet and restoring from inside MobileSheets itself. You will probably have better results with that approach. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike
I moved a copy of a backup file to the tablet and did a restore. It looks like the pdfs are now located on the sd card. Thanks for your help.