• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Tablet
I recently bought my wife a tablet (mainly for her bridge scoring).  This is the one I purchased  - http://www.tinydeal.com/aoson-m1016-101-...36635.html .  Although it claimed an 8 GB ROM, it was, in fact, only 4 GB.  However, that's still a very good price for a tablet of this size.  Comes with all the usual baggage, but does include Google Play Store (which is missing from a lot of far-east products).  All-in-all, I'd say it represented good value for the money asked.

Although I would be the last person to recommend a 10.1" tablet for music, I do appreciate that not everyone has the money for something bigger and where users want it primarily for lyrics, etc. this size would be good enough for a lot of people.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Whew, can't beat that price.

I just picked this one up as a backup and seems to work ok: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GYFL...UTF8&psc=1
(02-07-2015, 02:29 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: I recently bought my wife a tablet (mainly for her bridge scoring).  This is the one I purchased  - http://www.tinydeal.com/aoson-m1016-101-...36635.html .  Although it claimed an 8 GB ROM, it was, in fact, only 4 GB.  However, that's still a very good price for a tablet of this size.  Comes with all the usual baggage, but does include Google Play Store (which is missing from a lot of far-east products).  All-in-all, I'd say it represented good value for the money asked.

Although I would be the last person to recommend a 10.1" tablet for music, I do appreciate that not everyone has the money for something bigger and where users want it primarily for lyrics, etc. this size would be good enough for a lot of people.

Amazing price for the specs! (excluding the low-res display)
Based on the pictures, though, it looks like the aspect ratio is 16:9 or worse. Which won't display a normal 3:4 Letter (A4) paper very well.
Also, it is easy to take for granted the quality hi-res screens on today's phones; the 1024x600 screen on the Aoson M1016 may display music rather poorly. (I have tried to read piano music from a netbook that had a similar resolution; the music gets amazingly blurry at low resolutions!)
However, as GraemeJ noted, it looks like an excellent deal for a device intended to read lyrics from, just don't expect to read piano music from it and still feel that you got a good deal afterwards!

I will note that for folks living in the U.S. Micro Center is a good place to get really low-priced tablets. Especially around Christmas time. Right now they have one for $60, but the specs are notably worse than the M1016 that GraemeJ found, with the exception of the aspect ratio.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with Tapatalk
The display is a lot better than the specs might suggest, music can easily be read on it.  However, it is a 16:9 screen and therefore not an ideal format for music scores.  Fine for most other things though - lyrics, chord charts, etc. 

In my view, it's basically too small for music anyway and I wouldn't recommend anything under a 13" screen for that purpose.  That said, it seems there are many users here who are using telephones with MS and for them, this would be a good (and cheap) step up.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here