• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding pages to get rid of repeats etc
I'm looking for software that will allow me to re-order the score by adding extra bars, cutting and pasting using the existing score and then eliminate the sometimes weird repeat layouts that some publishers use. Adding extra pages is no problem with this terrific program, so I'd really like to make the process simple, just click to the next page until the end.

I've used paint programs, but they are so slow. (I am slow too!)

If anyone has already found one I'd like to hear from you.

thanks, 

David.
That would be a great feature to add in MS sometime in the future. Unfortunately I have not found any app for Android that is designed well to do this, so I either do the work on my PC with Photoshop and then transfer them to MS, or print out two hard-copies and then cut and splice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with Tapatalk
If I'm understanding you correctly and if you're using PDFs any decent PDF editor should be able to do that. I use Foxit PDF - but I edit on my desktop then import into MS.
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

http://reberclark.bandcamp.com
I design or rebuild all my songs and export as PDF on my Mac with a great graphic design application, Canvas X, just to extend out the repeats since I have very little music reading experience. A very good friend complains to me that I do that, he says repeats are so easy, yeah, for someone accomplished in reading music. Having digital sheet music on a tablet eliminates the need for repeats, which as best as I can analyze it, was created because long paper sheets were so hard to handle if the repeats were written out. My Android based 13.3" and AirTurn foot pedal have given me the ability to "read" music more readily.
Chuwi 13.5 inch, Windows 10
If you're working with PDF files with the sheets as graphics then the only real option is to do what you've already been doing, cutting and pasting with a graphics program (after first extracting the PDF to image files obviously). I use an old copy of Paint Shop Pro and while it can be a time consuming process, the results are usually worth it.
I use a Mac laptop to host my music; I run the companion app in a virtual machine running Windows. The standard PDF viewer on a Mac is Preview, and it allows me to:
* crop scanned music
* duplicate pages
* overlay a white rectangle to hide what's underneath
* add text
This permits me to expand repeats, delete omitted music, etc. I find I NEVER want to go backwards as that is error-prone.
As I also have Finale installed, I can add music notation using its Maestro font.
This has allowed me to do everything I have wanted to do.

I have two tablets and need to keep them in sync, so I do annotations on my Mac, not in MobileSheets.
Preview also has annotation with lines, arrows, boxes, text, highlight, etc. When I'm rehearsing, I use MobileSheets annotation (which I'm so glad to see is being vastly improved in the Pro version), and redo that original sheet when I get back home and replace the PDF in MobileSheets.
Chuwi 13.5 inch, Windows 10
For editing and re-arranging the music I use Microsoft Word for Mac, on my Mac. I use the MobileSheets companion on a virtual machine.

I accompany several choruses, but am not very good at playing 4 (or 8) staves. So I play the choral parts into Finale in a grand staff, making sure to keep the same measures per staff, and the same key and time signatures; I then print it to PDF. I then Use MS word setup with legal paper, and 0" margins on top, left, and bottom, and 0.1" margin on the right (so I can click to the right of an image).

I then display the two PDFs, one from Finale and one the original score. Make them bigger (to avoid pixelization in the result). I sweep out a staff from Finale, take a screen shot to clipboard (Cmd-Shift-Ctl-4) and paste in MS word. I then sweep out the appropriate staff in the original and do the same, repeating for each staff on the page. At the end of the page, I click on the lower right (just to the right of the picture), and type enough returns to go to the next page in MS Word. Sometimes I need to adjust the vertical heights of the images to make them fit well.

The result is a grand staff with the choral parts above each staff of the original, which includes the choral parts and the accompaniment. The page numbers are kept the same for navigating during rehearsal. On my tablet (Hannspree 13.3") the legal paper fits OK.