• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Card Failure
Be sure to back up your sheet music files. The 32GB SD card in my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 failed yesterday, I now appear to have lost hundreds of MobileSheets music files.
Fortunately, I have the original PDF's on my desktop computer - but still faced with a long process of reloading them into the excellent MobileSheets programme.
Apparently this is a common problem.
(02-22-2015, 01:35 AM)BrianH Wrote: Be sure to back up your sheet music files. The 32GB SD card in my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 failed yesterday, I now appear to have lost hundreds of MobileSheets music files.
Fortunately, I have the original PDF's on my desktop computer - but still faced with a long process of reloading them into the excellent MobileSheets programme.
Apparently this is a common problem.

Stick with reputable SD card brands if you aren't already. Any condensed medium of data storage can fail, of course, so it is good that you kept a backup!

You should also use the native backup utility on Mobilesheets. It spits out a single file that keeps, in addition to the PDF data, collections, etc., all the attached labels made in the app itself. I keep a copy of it on the tablet itself and another on Dropbox.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately it was one of the most famous brands which failed (I'll not mention the name though as I have several of the same make of cards which haven't failed - so far)
SD cards are just prone to failure, no matter what brand.

I heard it is best to keep it installed in the tablet and do not remove it for transferring data via another thingy like a USB adapter or something, physically moving around the SD card will break the circuits inside at some point. Also repeatedly formatting will do no good, just delete the data if you feel the need to format.

Best is to stick with brands that do actually make the memory chips themselves, like Samsung and Sandisk. Kingston for example outsources its memory chips, and they never tell you from which factory.. they could be el cheapo from guangung China or whatever.

Memory chips do have a finite number of reliable reads and writes, if you get the feeling the card is slowing down or data gets corrupted, apps starts failing.. then it s time to make a final mobilesheets backup and replace the SD card for a new one.

I have a Samsung 32Gb SD in my Tab 3... still works fine.
Kind regards, Marco

Start using Mobilesheets since Februari 22, 2015
Scanner: Canon MG2450 All in one printer (cheap, but works fine)
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1"
Pedals: AirTurn PED (the new Bluetooth 4.0 (SMART READY) ones)
Member of Amateur bands HET/AlmaarBrass/JRBB, playing trumpet.