• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro Has Been Released
Harper\Rey_a,

I am so lucky to have such generous users. If you would like to donate, I will accept any and all donations to my paypal account at mzuber23@hotmail.com. Thank you for helping support MobileSheets - users like yourself help give me the energy to stay up past 3AM coding up fixes Smile

Mike
(04-16-2015, 01:28 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I may enforce other limitations at some point if I feel there needs to be more incentive for people to go to the paid version, but for now, it has all the same capabilities as the paid version.

Mike, the limitation to a total of eight charts, alone, is enough to ensure that those who need MSPro (99.9% of all potential users) will go for it.  Anyone only using eight charts would be just as happy to stay on paper Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
That's pretty much what I figured too. I'm surprised by the number of MobileSheetsFree installations reported on the play store, but maybe some people just leave it installed at the same time as the paid version.
I never removed it. It's a reference if a question is asked regarding the free ver. I'll probably keep the old paid ver for awhile also. I'm a bit of a procrastinator anyway. Smile
Asus TF700T, os = CROMi-kk_R1 KitKat-4.4.4r2-CM11-US DEODEX, Based on Android 4.4.4
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Nook HD+ OEM
Where is the link to download the new companion?
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
zubersoft.com
Asus TF700T, os = CROMi-kk_R1 KitKat-4.4.4r2-CM11-US DEODEX, Based on Android 4.4.4
Nook HD+ OEM
I'm really confused now. On 6/27/2012, I paid $5.99 for MobileSheets for my tablet. On 6/19/2013 I paid another $8.99 for my wife's tablet (on her google account).
The play store shows I have the both the "free" version ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...sheetsfree ) and "regular" (not "pro" https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...bilesheets ) versions installed, though I'm pretty sure only one of them is installed (I'm not at my tablet now).

What's going on? What (if anything) do I need to do to keep access to my music (I have way more than 8 songs of sheet music loaded)?

If I do need to transfer to a new version, how do I make sure it has proper reference to all the sheet music JPG files on my external SD card and doesn't create a 2nd copy when I restore the backup in the new version?

What are the differences between the paid version I already have installed and the new "pro" version.
The paid version you have now is like an entry version compared to MSPro. You will be doing yourself a favor by getting the Pro version now from the google play store. You will need to make a backup on each device and restore them into Pro. You should read the new users manual for more info on its capabilities. The pro version does not use the same file format as the older one but it will restore the old backup and convert it to the new format automatically.
Nook HD+ OEM
I skimmed the manual's table of contents and its not obvious to me what's new in the pro version vs. the earlier paid version. I'd like to see a list of what's different. And I'd like a few extra days on the special upgrade price to evaluate whether its worth upgrading. I'm really busy now and I won't have time to do it before Sunday (and I certainly don't have time to read through the whole manual to try and figure out what's new).

Also, in the past I've had problems with restoring the database -- if the backup didn't contain the actual sheet music files, it didn't properly connect to where they are on my external SD card (even after updating the location in settings). I was able to get it to work in the past by including the sheet music files in the backup, but I had to 1st delete them from the external SD card to avoid having duplicates of everything.

So exactly what procedure should I use to backup/restore the library into the new pro version so that it has the proper links to the sheet music files AND doesn't end up creating duplicates of all the sheet music files.
(04-16-2015, 08:47 PM)srothkin Wrote: I skimmed the manual's table of contents and its not obvious to me what's new in the pro version vs. the earlier paid version. I'd like to see a list of what's different. And I'd like a few extra days on the special upgrade price to evaluate whether its worth upgrading. I'm really busy now and I won't have time to do it before Sunday (and I certainly don't have time to read through the whole manual to try and figure out what's new).

Also, in the past I've had problems with restoring the database -- if the backup didn't contain the actual sheet music files, it didn't properly connect to where they are on my external SD card (even after updating the location in settings). I was able to get it to work in the past by including the sheet music files in the backup, but I had to 1st delete them from the external SD card to avoid having duplicates of everything.

So exactly what procedure should I use to backup/restore the library into the new pro version so that it has the proper links to the sheet music files AND doesn't end up creating duplicates of all the sheet music files.
Re:  And I'd like a few extra days on the special upgrade price to evaluate whether its worth 
upgrading.

You are kidding, right?!  Mike spent an incredible amount of time working on this amazing program.  The upgrade is $3.00.  He is losing a lot of $$ every time someone purchases at this price.  This price is wildly below what it should be.  If you want to wait, just be prepared pay the regular price (which is still far below the value).   (In my experience, comparable Windows programs would be priced well in the hundreds of dollars).

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon