• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro Has Been Released
zubersoft.com
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I'm really confused now. On 6/27/2012, I paid $5.99 for MobileSheets for my tablet. On 6/19/2013 I paid another $8.99 for my wife's tablet (on her google account).
The play store shows I have the both the "free" version ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...sheetsfree ) and "regular" (not "pro" https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...bilesheets ) versions installed, though I'm pretty sure only one of them is installed (I'm not at my tablet now).

What's going on? What (if anything) do I need to do to keep access to my music (I have way more than 8 songs of sheet music loaded)?

If I do need to transfer to a new version, how do I make sure it has proper reference to all the sheet music JPG files on my external SD card and doesn't create a 2nd copy when I restore the backup in the new version?

What are the differences between the paid version I already have installed and the new "pro" version.
The paid version you have now is like an entry version compared to MSPro. You will be doing yourself a favor by getting the Pro version now from the google play store. You will need to make a backup on each device and restore them into Pro. You should read the new users manual for more info on its capabilities. The pro version does not use the same file format as the older one but it will restore the old backup and convert it to the new format automatically.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I skimmed the manual's table of contents and its not obvious to me what's new in the pro version vs. the earlier paid version. I'd like to see a list of what's different. And I'd like a few extra days on the special upgrade price to evaluate whether its worth upgrading. I'm really busy now and I won't have time to do it before Sunday (and I certainly don't have time to read through the whole manual to try and figure out what's new).

Also, in the past I've had problems with restoring the database -- if the backup didn't contain the actual sheet music files, it didn't properly connect to where they are on my external SD card (even after updating the location in settings). I was able to get it to work in the past by including the sheet music files in the backup, but I had to 1st delete them from the external SD card to avoid having duplicates of everything.

So exactly what procedure should I use to backup/restore the library into the new pro version so that it has the proper links to the sheet music files AND doesn't end up creating duplicates of all the sheet music files.
(04-16-2015, 08:47 PM)srothkin Wrote: I skimmed the manual's table of contents and its not obvious to me what's new in the pro version vs. the earlier paid version. I'd like to see a list of what's different. And I'd like a few extra days on the special upgrade price to evaluate whether its worth upgrading. I'm really busy now and I won't have time to do it before Sunday (and I certainly don't have time to read through the whole manual to try and figure out what's new).

Also, in the past I've had problems with restoring the database -- if the backup didn't contain the actual sheet music files, it didn't properly connect to where they are on my external SD card (even after updating the location in settings). I was able to get it to work in the past by including the sheet music files in the backup, but I had to 1st delete them from the external SD card to avoid having duplicates of everything.

So exactly what procedure should I use to backup/restore the library into the new pro version so that it has the proper links to the sheet music files AND doesn't end up creating duplicates of all the sheet music files.
Re:  And I'd like a few extra days on the special upgrade price to evaluate whether its worth 
upgrading.

You are kidding, right?!  Mike spent an incredible amount of time working on this amazing program.  The upgrade is $3.00.  He is losing a lot of $$ every time someone purchases at this price.  This price is wildly below what it should be.  If you want to wait, just be prepared pay the regular price (which is still far below the value).   (In my experience, comparable Windows programs would be priced well in the hundreds of dollars).
(04-16-2015, 08:47 PM)srothkin Wrote: I skimmed the manual's table of contents and its not obvious to me what's new in the pro version vs. the earlier paid version. I'd like to see a list of what's different. And I'd like a few extra days on the special upgrade price to evaluate whether its worth upgrading. I'm really busy now and I won't have time to do it before Sunday (and I certainly don't have time to read through the whole manual to try and figure out what's new).

I convinced my music group to purchase the original MS and they love it.  I was a beta tester on the new MS Pro and I advised my group to -IMMEDIATELY- purchase it at this ridiculously low temporary price.  MS Pro has new wonderful features but the one I like best is the ability, now, to assign -multiple- artists per song and -multiple- genres per song. 
Hello,
And thanks for the new release. It looks very classy and I'm beginning to enjoy the new features.
Unless I missed something there is still no ability to flatten the pdfs and export them as in for instance forscore for Apple products?
As I've mentioned before I'm a professional classical musician and often I need to share my notes (articulations, dynamics, fingerings, etc.) with others and the only and cumbersome way is to make individual screen shots.
After a 6 hour rehearsal this is really tiring, and as you know each screen shot is virtually commented on "saved to memory" or whatever.
This means you need to wait a few seconds to be sure the screen shot doesn't contain this message covering part of the score.
And the other pleasure so to speak is the screen shot also contains the Android device's time and battery charge.
So after 30 or 40 screen shots saved as photos, then imported to the computer one has to recrop and often reorient each page.
This really takes too much time and effort. And for this Forscore is still much superior, it flattens the pdf and exports it to whatever.

As I said maybe I'm missing something but please inform.

I didn't use the original paid version much, so can't help there in a comparison of what's new by 'name'. There is a tremendous difference though under the hood, so to speak. For instance 'auto scrolling' was limited in the original. The Pro version 'autoscroll' actually works as implied by the name. The same applies to many, if not all, of the other 'names/titles'. The backup/restore has worked as it should for me. I just tried restoring my backup to an external card, it was on the internal, and it worked fine, and I had to do it by the manual since I had never tried it before.

MobileSheets Pro is a new app, version 1, NOT a ver 5 of the original. It looks the same on the surface is all.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
After I download the new MSPro to my tablet, can I download the new Companion to my desktop and restore from the backup using that?

Also can I leave the original MS on my tablet until I am happy the new Pro version is working OK?

(These might be dumb questions, but I am not sure so have to ask).

Gerry
Here's some of what's new:

- Multiple display modes including a two page display, half page turns in portrait, and vertical scrolling. The default single page view now has proper scrolling animations when turning pages.
- Automatic cropping along with a manual cropping editor for fine tuning
- Support for rotating any file types just in MS Pro (original file is left untouched)
- Support for text and chord pro files, including support for transposing
- Support for up to four pedals. Unlike the original MS, almost any device can now be supported
- Automatic scrolling now works really well. I've added tons of options to control the scrolling. When paired with the vertical scrolling mode, it's really nice
- Support for up to 20 fields with options to disable the fields you don't use. You can also control the formatting of song titles on the library screen
- A new dark theme
- Support for MIDI
- A new custom audio player that is much easier to use and looks much better. It also supports a-b looping to repeat sections of a track
- Performance improvements over the whole app and a lot of polish
- Support for page ordering so that you can define whatever order you want with repeats. For example, you can specify 1-3, 1-2, 4, 5, and the five page file would be shown as 7 pages in MobileSheetsPro, and you could turn through the pages in that order.
- A much improved group/setlist editor that supports drag & drop for ordering. I also added multiple sorting modes for songs and setlists.
- Sharing and exporting features so that you can easily send songs or setlists to others
- Tons of improvements to the annotations editor
- New metronome visual modes and improvements to performance
- A new quick action bar that makes it really fast to access features without needing to bring up the overlay

marais - This is very high on my priority list. I just haven't tackled it yet because there are really some really complex issues to tackle with editing existing annotations. I have to figure out if once I "flatten the PDF" if I will still be able to support editing those annotations, or if I will only support editing annotations that are placed on top of the page. Obviously I think people would prefer the former, but it means most of my annotations framework won't work the way it is now.

Gerry - yes, you can restore using the new companion. You can also leave MS on your tablet as long as you want. This was one of the reasons for going with a separate app - I wanted people to be able to switch at their leisure.

Mike
Thumbs Down 
I just downloaded and installed the new Mobile Sheets Pro. Glad to see the finished product. I did enjoy the beta testing even though I didn't contribute much to the process. I have been using MS for a couple of years now and just love the program. Good work and thanks.
Larry
hello Mike , ji just purchased  tne release  mspro and paid it , after installa i ve got a message  no licence !! , what's wrong , as beta tester i ve deinstalled the beta  ! ans still have this message a the oppening of the app !
thanks for answer , and thanks for your great job
see you !
Asus Eeepad TF 201, android 4.03
(04-17-2015, 12:02 AM)marais Wrote: n I need to share my notes (articulations, dynamics, fingerings, etc.) with others and the only and cumbersome way is to make individual screen shots.
After a 6 hour rehearsal this is really tiring, and as you know each screen shot is virtually commented on "saved to memory" or whatever.
--------------------------
I totally agree with marais !
Mike:

Congratulations for this awesome version.

Amazing, with tons of useful features.

Cheers !
I just installed the Pro version, and my first impressions are good.  However, I do have a question about importing my old library, which I'll lead up to with a bit of background:

- I have a library of 1168 songs from the original MobileSheets app, many of which have associated backing tracks (I've been using MobileSheets since December 2012).

- I normally do backups without including the mp3 files, because those live in a separate directory on my tablet are backed up separately, outside of MobileSheets.  I've been exporting the database (in the old version) as a way of preserving the links, but including the mp3 files themselves in a backup would make the already huge backup file much more huge (specifically, it would nearly double the size of the backup file, which is already over 2 Gb).

- I understand that MobileSheets Pro probably doesn't use the same database format as MobileSheets, and that's presumably why there's no 'import database' feature in the Pro version.

- ...but when I tried importing my MobileSheets backup in the Pro version, the songs were imported without the mp3 links.

So the question is whether there's a way to preserve those links without backing up and restoring the whole library with the mp3s included.  Can that be done, other than by recreating them manually?