• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro Has Been Released
Fantastic news mike well done,not been here much recently, where do I download it,can't see it in the store
Thanks Mike for the final version MobileSheetsPro.

I have used the beta on 4 gigs on stage without any problems and just installed the newest Pro-version.

I could restore my backup (356 songs) from beta to Pro without losing annotations on my Samsung Note Pro 12.2!

Great app!

Pat Smile Smile Smile
Been fiddling with this new version since yesterday. Yes many things MUCH clearer and better.
Just a suggestion, the page ordering tool, yes very powerful. Maybe in the future have a graphic therefore visual way to reorder and non numeric?
Just easier to drag the pages into their correct order?
Looking forward to the next concert, to test drive so to speak the new version.
For the last 4 months either in every day practice or rehearsals, concerts, recordings the old version never failed...
(04-17-2015, 03:54 PM)art Wrote: Fantastic news mike well done,not been here much recently, where do I download it,can't see it in the store

Search for MobileSheetsPro, it wasn't the first thing that came up for me [I used MobileSheets Pro], it was farther down the list [play store].
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
smw,

The backup file contains the database which contains the links between songs and their audio files. After you restore the backup in MobileSheetsPro, are you saying that all of the songs are showing no audio files? If so, this is a big and I will have to figure out why that is occurring. If they do have audio file references, but you can't play the files, I'll need more information on where you are storing the audio files. If you place them in a public location such as /sdcard/music, then there should be no problem accessing these files from both MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro.

Mike
marais - Creating a graphical way to organize pages is one of my goals but it's much more complex than a page ordering involving just numbers. Whatever I implement will probably need to support dragging and dropping thumbnails to place them in their proper position, and in order for it to be usable with PDFs with 500+ pages, I'm going to need to come up with a user interface that makes it easy to view larger thumbnails for a smaller range of pages, or smaller thumbnails for a larger range of pages. I'll do my best to add something like this soon.

Mike
I had no idea this was released until this morning. I was getting ready to leave for practice, so I didn't have time to play around and explore the forum. I bought the pro version, put a backup on the tablet along with a copy of the manual, and I planned to use the old version until I got familiar with the new one. Well, I get to the studio, restore the backup and I was able to use the new version for practice. I didn't have to configure the AirTurn pedal either; everything was fine right out of the box. The one thing I couldn't do, I figured out within a half hour (because I wasn't using the manual). Now that I'm home, I can research the problem that I'm having with the companion. 

So basically this post is a commentary on how absolutely seamless the transition was for me. Well done Mike!   Big Grin
Thank you Snuggs! I'm really happy when I hear that users have an easy time transitioning.
Music 
Seamless transition for me also. One quick reading of Mike's explanation of the process and two minutes later, the new version had all 900 tunes.

My only problem is that my tablet doesn't support Bluetooth access to my laptop. Mikle and I have experimented, and discovered that this is a hardware problem. I am using an inexpensive RCA tablet, bought specifically to try MobileSheets, and for the $150 it cost, it's been worth a bit of trouble.

Mike, congratulations on an excellent product.
(04-20-2015, 04:57 AM)Viajero37 Wrote: Seamless transition for me also. One quick reading of Mike's explanation of the process and two minutes later, the new version had all 900 tunes.

My only problem is that my tablet doesn't support  Bluetooth access to my laptop. Mikle and I have experimented, and discovered that this is a hardware problem. I am using an inexpensive RCA tablet, bought specifically to try MobileSheets, and for the $150 it cost, it's been worth a bit of trouble.

Mike, congratulations on an excellent product.
FWIW, my tablets support bluetooth, but opted for usb pedal connection (Billipro) anyway.  When I tried Bluetooth, it kept intermittently losing connection ( I tried over several weeks).  And PC Companion uses wifi.  So, maybe not much of a sacrifice.
(04-18-2015, 05:58 AM)Zuberman Wrote: smw,

The backup file contains the database which contains the links between songs and their audio files. After you restore the backup in MobileSheetsPro, are you saying that all of the songs are showing no audio files?

Yes, that's right.  To be as specific as I can, the sequence was:

1) I performed a database backup from the original MobileSheets, not including the audio files.

2) I restored that backup in MobileSheets Pro, starting from an empty database.

3) I found that all of my PDFs were available, with all of the metadata except for the attached MP3s.  Looking at the song editor showed that the path to the MP3 file wasn't there.

(04-18-2015, 05:58 AM)Zuberman Wrote:  If they do have audio file references, but you can't play the files, I'll need more information on where you are storing the audio files.

No, that didn't happen.  (For reference, my audio files are all in /mnt/sdcard2/mp3, where /mnt/sdcard2 is the path to the root of my external SD card, as seen by Android 4.0.whatever on my Toshiba "Excite 13" tablet).

In the end I made a second backup including the mp3 files and imported that, which worked exactly as expected; the only downside is that now all my mp3 files are stored twice.

This is where I point out that I loved the original version of MobileSheets, but the Pro version is better in just about every respect.  The only real flaw was that PDFs were sometimes very slow to open, and you just fixed that. Shy

Now I just have one new request. Wink    Specifically, I'd love to be able to position the PDF image so that it starts directly below the overlay.  The option to display from the top of the screen really does exactly what it sounds like, meaning that I can't use it because it chops off a portion of the top of each page.

Thanks,

- Steven
Does 'Settings>Display settings>Always show title bar' do what would work for you?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(04-26-2015, 02:18 PM)Skip Wrote: Does 'Settings>Display settings>Always show title bar' do what would work for you?

Yes, it does.  Thanks for suggesting that!

...but what still overwrites the top of the page is the title of the next song.  In the past I've set that to display on the last page of the current song, but now I have it turned off altogether.

- Steven
I'll play around with seeing if I can get the next up title bar to not display over the score by having the score shrink in size in one of these updates. Maybe at that time it would make sense to use the same approach so the overlay doesn't hide the score underneath.
(04-28-2015, 08:41 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I'll play around with seeing if I can get the next up title bar to not display over the score by having the score shrink in size in one of these updates. Maybe at that time it would make sense to use the same approach so the overlay doesn't hide the score underneath.

Thank you!  That would be great.

- Steven