• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro
(07-11-2015, 10:57 PM)alex_hk90 Wrote: I was looking to buy one of these but it seems that there might be a new one coming out soon as the Samsung rep I spoke to instore said they weren't selling them in the high street any more as they are end of life.

If that is truly the case - and it does seem an incredibly short life-cycle for a top-end device - then they will probably turn up at a reduced price, as retailers dump their stock in anticipation of the new model.

On the assumption that happens, I would buy one and save some money. Plenty of users here running this tablet successfully.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(07-12-2015, 12:31 AM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 10:57 PM)alex_hk90 Wrote: I was looking to buy one of these but it seems that there might be a new one coming out soon as the Samsung rep I spoke to instore said they weren't selling them in the high street any more as they are end of life.

If that is truly the case - and it does seem an incredibly short life-cycle for a top-end device - then they will probably turn up at a reduced price, as retailers dump their stock in anticipation of the new model.  

On the assumption that happens, I would buy one and save some money.  Plenty of users here running this tablet successfully.

It could be true (at least in the UK), as when I click "Where to Buy" on the official Samsung Galaxy NotePRO (12.2, Wifi) product page, it says:
Quote:We are sorry, but this product is currently not available from any of our retail partners.

To check stock availability please email us at shop.uk@samsung.com or call Monday - Saturday 9am-6pm 0330 726 7467

I'll probably wait a while - would like to see something like the Tab A but with a 11+ inch screen. Smile
Whatever you do, don't upgrade the Note Pro to version 5.0.2 if you do get it. Bluetooth devices no longer work with 5.0.2 due to a bug in the OS. I'm not sure if this is specific to Samsung's version of 5.0.2, or all devices running 5.0.2 have the problem (I'm assuming it's a Samsung only issue).
Thanks Mike
It seems like Samsung is really screwing this up.

Personally, I would get 2 of these instead: http://www.amazon.com/Azpen-A1320G-13-3-...C98Y1763KT
(07-13-2015, 05:26 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: It seems like Samsung is really screwing this up.  

Personally, I would get 2 of these instead:  http://www.amazon.com/Azpen-A1320G-13-3-...C98Y1763KT

Can't seem to find that one on UK Amazon, but there are a couple of similar 13.3 inch tablets:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trevi-Quadcore-D...3.3+Tablet
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hannspree-SN14T7...BKFK49XHXM
Both have unnecessarily large bezels for my liking though.

The HP Pro Slate 12 looks interesting:
http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Produc...U&sel=BTBL
In particular:
HP Wrote:Display Specifications
Display size (diagonal)
  • 31,24 cm (12.3")
Display
  • 31,24 cm (12.3") diagonal with Corning® CT-40 FIT Glass and anti-smudge coating, 10 point capacitive touch solution (1600 x 1200)
4:3 aspect ratio and large screen - sounds perfect. Smile
Azpen A1320G 13.3" -
I've had one for a month or 2 and like it a LOT. The big screen is just a killer win, hands down. The viewable area is basically the same as a full A4; or slightly longer + slightly narrower than an 8-1/2 x 11. Not enuf narrower to be any kind of a problem- basically it's like having 3/4" margins on the sides. It's big enuf that I can use it landscape for side-by-side 2 page. It's a little small for that so it only works for simpler scores or songs I know reasonably well already. I generally prefer a 4:3 screen, but having used this, the taller screen is nice when I'm doing annotations because the annotation menus don't cover any of the music page. Another thing I like is that they put very few apps (bloatware) on it so there's not a lot of stuff running, and not a lot of storage space taken up by junk.

There are a couple smaller things I'd change-
- I haven't been able to get a bluetooth mouse to connect (which I use as a foot-pedal, to change pages). Only tried once, maybe it'll work if I put more time into it.
- the power switch is "tall" enuf that it tends to get pushed inside my bag, so it comes out of sleep. So I turn it all the way off, on the way to a gig.
- it uses a propietary charger- not USB. But in another way this is good- I can have a USB mouse plugged in, and still have it charging at the same time. In fact it has 2 USB ports which is also handy.

The one limitation that's an issue for me is that the screen isn't as bright as I'd like for outdoor, full sunlight gigs. It's OK outdoors under shade, but in full sunlight it's marginal. I put a matte non-glare screen protector on it and that's helped. Full sunlight is tough for any tablet but I have a 10" 4:3 Lenovo IdeaTab S2109 that's enough better in full sun, that I use it instead of the Azpen for those gigs.

On balance I'd recommend it unless you're outside in full sun a lot. I actually just bought a 2nd one for a 90-year old friend to use just around his house as a general purpose device- email, skype, web stuff etc. They seem to be well built.
I would strongly recommend to try Mobilesheets (if anybody would be so lucky to get hands) on Netronix 13.3" Electronic Notepad:
- Android OS
- 13.3 inch E-paper display (low power)
- very light device (400g)
- flexible non-glass display (rugged), high contrast, visible under sunlight
- A4 ratio
- touch screen with stylus

Anybody using Mobilesheets in China?

http://youtu.be/b-SnpwAsIYc
(07-23-2015, 06:52 AM)otnt Wrote: I would strongly recommend to try Mobilesheets (if anybody would be so lucky to get hands) on Netronix 13.3" Electronic Notepad:
- Android OS
- 13.3 inch E-paper display (low power)
- very light device (400g)
- flexible non-glass display (rugged), high contrast, visible under sunlight
- A4 ratio
- touch screen with stylus

Anybody using Mobilesheets in China?

Having a quick search online suggests this hasn't been released yet?
Although the Netronix looks to be an ideal contender for MSP, it has yet to reach production. It could be quite a while, if ever, before it reaches he public.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I have finally succeeded with linking my PA600 to a Samsung 12.2" tablet.

I hit a snag with the song display and songbook selection due to the cable. I tried to use the one Samsung provided but it did not talk to the PA600. Finally I located a shop in Collingwood, Ontario,
www.mycomputerpeople.ca
that were very helpful and obtained a TechCraft Micro USB "On-The-Go" Adapter that fits the tablet, and presto!, it synchs perfectly. Providing that you follow the instructions and set-up the midi commands, selecting either a keyboard song or a tablet song has the tablet and keyboard behaving. I'm now scanning in the rest of my music to pdf files and loading them into Mobilesheets.  Terrific program Mike! Many thanks.
I did have a terrible experience using my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 at a chamber music workshop performance this summer. This was just an informal performance for the workshop, but still.  Our group had not had a chance to rehearse on the stage. When we began playing, I quickly found out that the overhead stage lights were creating such a glare on the Samsung screen that I could not see a lot of the notes. I played TERRIBLY because of this. I guess I'll try out some non-reflective screen covers, but those things worry me that they might cut back on brightness and make the stylus not work well.
I have a screen protector on mine, doesn’t seem to bother he stylus and I have the brightness down a bit so don't notice a difference anyway. I also use the night mode [Settings>display settings] , which I prefer over the dark theme [settings>library settings]. I have no idea if that would help on the glare problem.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I had a Galaxy Note 10.1, and was ok, but I think the screen was very small for me; I changed after a lenovo yoga 3 Pro with AmiDuos to emmulate an Android OS and my experience was awful. I just bought the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, and in my own experience, using MobileSheets Pro and Note Pro 12.2 has been my best experience ever. I have not found a tablet stand yet, but I'm happy with my new purchase !!

PS: Could you recommend a stand fot this model? Thanks
(09-02-2015, 12:25 PM)CholitoWeb Wrote: Note Pro 12.2 has been my  best experience ever.
I'm looking for a big tablet that has a screen that's bright enough to work in direct sunlight.
Do you play outside?  How is the screen on the Note 12?
thanks,