• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro
(06-10-2020, 05:26 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 03:38 PM)loonsailor Wrote: I just got the Evoo13-3 from Walmart, and it works great.  Runs Android 9, 13” screen, MSPro works perfectly.  The screen is not iPad quality, but for $150 I’m more than happy.

Thank you so much for posting.

Do you use a foot pedal? Have you had any problem with bluetooth?

I seemed to have a problem with my bluetooth with that unit (could have been my unit or my fault) and sent it back (the dimensions are not perfect either). But, I am considering buying it again if I get back feedback that it works okay with a bluetooth pedal.

Thanks,

Jeff

I hadn't tried it, but now I have. I couldn't get it to work BUT I think the problem is with my bluetooth pedal, not necessarily with the tablet. It's an old one, hasn't been used in a couple years at least, and I think it's bitten the dust. I ordered a new one, which comes Friday. I'll repost then with more info.

Also, I tried a wired usb pedal. It works fine.
(06-10-2020, 02:25 PM)loonsailor Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 05:26 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 03:38 PM)loonsailor Wrote: I just got the Evoo13-3 from Walmart, and it works great.  Runs Android 9, 13” screen, MSPro works perfectly.  The screen is not iPad quality, but for $150 I’m more than happy.

Thank you so much for posting.

Do you use a foot pedal? Have you had any problem with bluetooth?

I seemed to have a problem with my bluetooth with that unit (could have been my unit or my fault) and sent it back (the dimensions are not perfect either). But, I am considering buying it again if I get back feedback that it works okay with a bluetooth pedal.

Thanks,

Jeff

I hadn't tried it, but now I have. I couldn't get it to work BUT I think the problem is with my bluetooth pedal, not necessarily with the tablet. It's an old one, hasn't been used in a couple years at least, and I think it's bitten the dust. I ordered a new one, which comes Friday. I'll repost then with more info.

Also, I tried a wired usb pedal. It works fine.

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for your feedback. I would be surprised if bluetooth does not work on that tablet. But, if that's the case, it would definitely be deal breaker.

By the way, my recollection is the tablet said it was connected to pedal via bluetooth, but the pages did not turn.
I received a new Airturn BT200-S2 today, and I can't get it to work with this tablet. It connects, sort of, but nothing happens when I press the pedals. It seems that the pedal is connected - it shows up in the bluetooth pairings list - but the tablet doesn't accept its input. Same result in the browser and other apps. They just don't see any input from the pedal. I'll investigate further, and post here if I figure anything out.
Try to figure out what messages the single pedals send. They typically imitate defined keystrokes on the keyboard, like Page-Up, Page-Down, Cursor-Left, Cursor-Right, Cursor-Up, Cursor-Down, ...

You can edit in the pedal what is to be sent on actuation, and you can define in MSP what is expected to induce a certain score sheet action. Those have to be aligned.

Wish you success,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
(06-13-2020, 02:55 PM)loonsailor Wrote: I received a new Airturn BT200-S2 today, and I can't get it to work with this tablet.  It connects, sort of, but nothing happens when I press the pedals.  It seems that the pedal is connected - it shows up in the bluetooth pairings list - but the tablet doesn't accept its input.  Same result in the browser and other apps.  They just don't see any input from the pedal.  I'll investigate further, and post here if I figure anything out.
Thank you for following up!

Yes, i think this is exactly what happened with me.  I know someone else posted with a suggestion.

If you could follow up with any progress, I would definitely appreciate it.

Jeff
I wonder how it would respond if you coonected a bluetooth (QWERTY) keyboard, if you had one lying around.
Maybe there is some option on the tablet that must be checked off to allow a bluetooth keyboard (or pedal) to control the tablet?

I would guess maybe Language and Input in Settings. I found some online videos about connecting a bluetooth keyboard to an android tablet. Hopefully, there is just a setting that needs to be changed for the pedal to control the tablet.

Jeff
(06-13-2020, 02:55 PM)loonsailor Wrote: I received a new Airturn BT200-S2 today, and I can't get it to work with this tablet. It connects, sort of, but nothing happens when I press the pedals. It seems that the pedal is connected - it shows up in the bluetooth pairings list - but the tablet doesn't accept its input. Same result in the browser and other apps. They just don't see any input from the pedal. I'll investigate further, and post here if I figure anything out.

Hello, loonsailor,

Any luck in getting the Airturn working on the Evoo 13.3 Android Tablet?

Jeff
(06-16-2020, 09:27 PM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 02:55 PM)loonsailor Wrote: I received a new Airturn BT200-S2 today, and I can't get it to work with this tablet. It connects, sort of, but nothing happens when I press the pedals. It seems that the pedal is connected - it shows up in the bluetooth pairings list - but the tablet doesn't accept its input. Same result in the browser and other apps. They just don't see any input from the pedal. I'll investigate further, and post here if I figure anything out.

Hello, loonsailor,

Any luck in getting the Airturn working on the Evoo 13.3 Android Tablet?

Jeff

So, here's where I'm at. The device (AirTurn bt-200s) pairs, but doesn't provide any input. The Airturn utility app shows buttons being pressed when I press them, but that's the only place I see any evidence of a button press. The pedal won't turn pages in MSPro, won't scroll the browser, won't enter characters in the URL line for the browser, etc. I've tried in all the pedal modes, with no difference between them. I did try the pedal on my iPhone, and it worked fine.

When I click on settings for the pedal device (in the bluetooth list), there is a switch labeled "input device", which is switched off and I can't switch it on. Maybe that's the problem, but I don't know how to turn it on. Looking at "settings->system->languages & input, there's a section labeled Physical keyboard which indicates "none connected", and a section for Virtual keyboard. Neither of those has any useful options. I also tried turning wifi off, and doing a network reset (resets bluetooth & wifi), neither of which changed the behavior.

I'm at / beyond the limit of my android knowledge (MS in computer science - if this was linux or macOS or iOS, I'd know how to dig deeper). I checked the web site for the device - http://evooproducts.com/ev-a-133-1.html - but there's no way there to contact tech support. The support tab just offers some downloads, but none for this device, and there's no contact available, neither email nor phone nor chat. So, I called Walmart, from whom I bought it, and they promised to set up a 3-way call with the vendor, but they haven't called back yet to do that. I did spend some time on the phone with AirTurn. They were great, but the problem is not in their pedal, so no real progress other than to localize the issue to the tablet.

Honestly, this is not a big deal for me. I've been using a usb pedal, and I'm fine continuing to do that, but I know this is a deal killer for some other MSPro users, so I'll continue to try to make it work if anybody has a suggestion to try, or if I get a call from tech support. I'll also look around to see if I can find a bluetooth keyboard to try.

I will say that this is still a great tablet for $150 - fast, very good display, good battery life, built-in microSD for MSPro backup, etc.

Any ideas I can try?
If you are familiar with Linux, try pairing the pedal to a linux machine and look for a utility that really displays what the pedal sends - maybe some text editor that offers to display different markers for different whitespace characters (as to be expected), or perhaps some hex editor that displays its keyboard input. Then you should know what is really sent, and can try to set the settings in MSPro accordingly.

I wish you luck!

Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
Have you tried to turn on developer options, this will allow you access to many more Bluetooth
options. I am not familiar with the EVOO tablet but going to settings, about device (phone)
then tapping build # 7 or more time will get you to developer options.
Thanks, loonsailor and everyone. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case this is figured out.
Still no fix? Bummer, I wanted to pick up this tablet (maybe two).
(06-21-2020, 07:50 AM)Petra-Kathi Wrote: If you are familiar with Linux, try pairing the pedal to a linux machine and look for a utility that really displays what the pedal sends

xev
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Well if anyone gets the tablet (Evoo 13.3 Android tablet) working with with a page turner pedal, please post. (It pretty much fits the sweet spot in terms of what I am looking for, but it I can't use my foot pedal, it is pretty much useless.)