• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filtering
1) For part of the year I play with a group.  I have 1300 songs, 300 of which are from other people.  When these "snowbirds" leave I just want to see my stuff so I set up a collection called "Other Source" and "exclude" these songs.  This works fine - I only see my songs, my artists, my recent, etc.   The problem is that after I do -any- kind of editing (for a song, for instance, or a setlist, etc.)  any filters are gone (removed).  Then I have to redo the filter(s).  Is this by design or is this a bug?  It seems to me the filter(s) should remain in place.

2) When I press the filter icon two filter lines appear at the top and the filter logo turns orange.  I then set my filters.  I then want to remove those 2 lines so I press the filter icon again and the 2 lines are gone and my filters are still in place.  At this point the filter icon tuns back to gray.  Can you color the filter icon at this point (say, blue, perhaps) so that I know that filtering is, in fact, being done?
1. Due to the fact that the song editor can create/delete collections/genres/albums/etc, it can affect the filters at the top of the screen. I currently have code in place that is clearing the filters to be safe. I will have to update this to do something a little more efficient like reloading the filters and attempting to select the previous values, but not erroring out if those values were deleted.

2. Sure, I can change that.

Thanks,
Mike
FWIW, I would also prefer that filters remain in effect when you go into editing, say setlist editing for example.
Essentially, I'd prefer if filters remain in effect until/unless the user removes them. I'd say this would even be true when you shutdown and restart the app.
I have a similar situation to jagny - a bunch of material on the tablet that I only use occasionally with specific people or seasonally. Christmas songs is a good example -- you'd want them excluded 11 months of the year.
thx
Maintaining filters between sessions is doable, but the changes would be more involved. With my latest fixes in v1.0.5, the filters won't be cleared, but I just noticed a bug when you enter the setlist/group editor - the active filters lose their green coloring.

EDIT:
Fixed that bug for v1.0.6
(04-24-2015, 10:59 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Maintaining filters between sessions is doable, but the changes would be more involved. With my latest fixes in v1.0.5, the filters won't be cleared, but I just noticed a bug when you enter the setlist/group editor - the active filters lose their green coloring.

EDIT:
Fixed that bug for v1.0.6

Mike,
Thanks for tackling this enhancement.  Slight bug in v1.0.5- when I exclude  a certain collection and then edit a song the only thing I see is the -excluded- songs.  In other words the excluded collection is changed to -include-.
Thank you for the little blue filter light.
Thanks for the bug report - I must be clearing the include/exclude flag without updating the user interface component. I'll fix it to not clear that setting.

Mike