• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thoughts on new MobileSheets Pro
I've been a mobile sheets user for a couple of years now. While fantastic to use live, it was a bit clunky to setup and maintain. Well worth the effort mind you but I kept having to think about how to accomplish stuff...it's workflow didn't match mine. Then enter MobileSheets Pro:

<blatantFanBoyMode>
    In the imortal words of Frank Barone . . .
...it's what I keep finding myself saying as I dig deeper and deeper into all the new features.

Literally every quirk and non-intuitive {at least to me} way of doing things has been resolved. It is such a pleasure to navigate through now. Plus, the chordPro support is a real game changer!
</blatantFanBoyMode>

Kudos for the great work!!
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
Haha, thank you. I really appreciate getting feedback like this, because I've angered a number of users by charging for MobileSheetsPro instead of releasing it as a free update. I just hope the majority of users are happy with MobileSheetsPro and consider it a worthwhile investment.

Mike
(04-22-2015, 05:44 AM)Zuberman Wrote: ...... I've angered a number of users by charging for MobileSheetsPro instead of releasing it as a free update.

Mike, disregard them - they are the same people who think downloading music, software or videos should not be paid for.  The concept of intellectual copyright, or simple hard graft and the labourer being worthy of his hire, is totally alien to them.  In your shoes, if anyone complained to me, I'd charge them double, if only for the aggravation factor. 

I'd like to find anyone who has a cogent argument for making this a free release.  It's hardly an 'upgrade', more of a complete re-write, with many additional features.  Real musicians fully appreciate the work you have put into this release and are not going to begrudge you one cent of the price.  In fact, many are already saying you are not charging enough!  You have enough people here who will support you and your efforts - tell the others to take a running jump.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
It's actually the pro level version of the 'entry' level earlier app as far as I'm concerned, not even a re-write, it's a new app, it has it's own very specific name and version number which do not contain the word[s] upgrade or re-write associated with it anywhere. Smile
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
While I understand the basic premise of why someone might expect free upgrades (if that's what is originally advertised), I think the root issue is one of education. To someone not involved in the software development process I think it's hard for them to comprehend the difference between a new feature added to an existing product and a new feature that requires a major re-write. Software is more of a magic black box to them. 

I don't recall what I originally paid for MobileSheets but I don't think it was all that much. And the price of the pro version, as it stands today, is basically free since you can't even get a decent fast food meal for that cost. Would I pay twice the price? Why yes, and in fact I just upgraded both my wife's and mine! Big Grin  
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
(04-22-2015, 05:44 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I just hope the majority of users are happy with MobileSheetsPro and consider it a worthwhile investment.
Mike

MobileSheets is a HUGELY worthwhile investment for me too - I'd pay 2x without hestitation.  BUT I'll quickly say I know not everybody would say that or have the cash to do that so don't jump all over this too hard.

I'm old enuf to remember paying $50-75-100 + up for Windows applications that were a FRACTION of the functionality, flexibility, user interface that MS has, and user issue response that Mike does.  I realize programming has progressed over time and that many products offer better for less now than years ago. 

But here's another very satisfied customer. YES - worthwhile investment indeed.
Surely, the fact this stuff is so cheap, relative to what one might have been asked to pay not so long ago is why we should jump on those too mean to part with only a minimal amount of money.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here