• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rendering musicXML, + transposing
@BBee, thanks for adding your thoughts + perspectives - as you talk thru it, you surely illustrate the size + complexity of the challenge. NOT a no-brainer by any means. Tranposing a step or 2 raises the intriguing thought of whether it's possible to simply "nudge" a previous rendering somehow. But once you get into transposing bigger steps, 5ths, octaves, you're gonna have to go thru a complete re-rendering.

@Graeme- source material / legality is also a very real concern. I recall Wikifonia being around for a while, til they shut themselves down. My own situation is somewhat unique in that I enjoy the oldest jazz (trad jazz, Dixieland, etc) and folk so there's a great repetoire in the public domain. I've put lots of these into MuseScore mcsz / xml files already, but there is a BIG time investment to do that, + there's no good way to share it which necessarily involves keeping the public domain stuff separate from copyrighted stuff that receives legal challenges. I know MuseScore are storing/offering shared scores on their server, and I agree with you that that appears close to the edge of what's legal or business strategy workable - even if you can beat back a challenge, you can go bankrupt paying to do so.

Thx again for perspectives - we'll watch + see how it develops.

Messages In This Thread
rendering musicXML, + transposing - by chrisss - 04-29-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by chrisss - 04-29-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by kokomo - 06-18-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by itsme - 06-18-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by kokomo - 06-20-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by itsme - 04-27-2018, 06:59 AM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by BRX - 04-27-2018, 07:49 AM
RE: rendering musicXML, + transposing - by itsme - 04-27-2018, 05:30 PM