• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page rotation in Edit Song causing page clipping
I'm having a problem with page rotation that worked correctly in the last beta version.  I mentioned a while back that I have a bunch of half-page marches in my library that are scanned in landscape mode.  In order to get them to display full screen in landscape orientation, Mike suggested that I rotate the pages in the editor and that worked great in the beta.

I just upgraded to the official version and now these rotated pages are losing the right 3rd of the page.  I can rotate them back and see the full page so the data isn't being lost, there's just a problem with the scaling.

Mike, let me know if a sample file would help and I can upload one.

-- Ken
Just pushed out version 1.0.7 with a fix for this.

Mike
(05-11-2015, 09:17 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Just pushed out version 1.0.7 with a fix for this.

Mike

Thanks, Mike!  That fixed the clipping problem, but now I'm having a scaling issue. 

After I rotate the page in the editor, it looks fine in Portrait orientation.  However, when I rotate the tablet to Landscape, the page zooms in too far and cuts off the bottom of the page.  I tried playing with the Page Scaling options, but nothing helped.  It looks like there's a problem with the "Fit Height" scaling option.   FYI, there is no crop set and when I get into the Crop options it correctly detects the page size/borders.

I was eventually able to figure out a workaround by turning on the "Allow zoom smaller than 100%" option in the Zoom/Pan settings and then manually zooming out until the page fits on screen.   This will work for now, but it would be nice if the display auto-sized like it did before.

Thanks!

-- Ken
Do you currently have "Display Half pages in Landscape" enabled? I'm going to be moving this setting to the "Display Mode" dialog, as I think it confuses people. When you rotate to landscape, is the bottom half of the page cut off? Can you just scroll down the page, or is it truly missing?

Mike
(05-12-2015, 01:43 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Do you currently have "Display Half pages in Landscape" enabled?  I'm going to be moving this setting to the "Display Mode" dialog, as I think it confuses people.  When you rotate to landscape, is the bottom half of the page cut off? Can you just scroll down the page, or is it truly missing?

Mike

That was the problem.  I turned off this option and everything worked fine.

One final comment/request: have you considered including the app settings in the backup/restore data?  I had everything set up just the way I wanted when using the beta, but when I switched over to the official version I'm having fix everything again and it's a bit annoying since I don't remember what I changed in the first place. 

BTW, thanks for the quick response.  That's one of the reasons I really love this app!

-- Ken
Adding the app settings to the backup/restore data is definitely on my list of things to do - thanks.