• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CompanionPro
In the original MobileSheets, I used the 'custom' field to hold the instrument type for the particular song - e.g., Trombone 1, Trumpet 3, etc. I upgraded to MS Pro and they are still visible for editing in the app itself. However, in the Companion, it's not so good. The custom field is visible in the main display, but there doesn't appear to be a way to edit the field. 

In fact, when it comes to editing field content, I don't see a way (in Companion) to manually edit items. If I have a song that I want to name an Artist or Composer, I can select one of the existing entries, but there's no way to edit list items.

Also, when using the drop-down list, the title in the Title Bar is always the same - "Select Item". Ideally, the title bar would not just tell me I'm selecting an item, but should also tell me which item I'm in - Keys, Artists, Composers, or whatever.

Unless... Am I missing something?
The companion is going to be changed some, as I need to make it faster to edit fields, but for now, you can add a new artist/composer/genre by clicking on the plus button to the right of every field. There is no way to edit those fields yet in the companion - I need to add quite a bit of functionality that is present on the tablet but not in the companion.

If possible, I think I'm going to move away from the current multi-selection dialog approach, and try to create a custom control that supports normal text entry with a mechanism to visually separate entries.

Mike
Mike-

Great! Multi-select would make sense in some fields...perhaps for putting a given piece into multiple setlists or collections, but maybe not for artist, composer, or author. 

The 'plus' sign is a good visual queue, though I have to admit that at first, it didn't register with me to click it to add a new entry. I was mentally stuck in the prior version where I could just click in the field and type. Once I realized it was there, adding is obvious. What makes the standard text entry better, I think, is that as you type, the display could be configured to provide matches to prevent duplicate entries or misspellings (or to correct misspellings).

As always, thank you.

Mark