• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing MS Word Files
I am trying MobileSheets on an Acer Incuba A200 and so far it's great. However, all my charts are in MS Word format and some are in text file format. Will we be able to import those some day? I edit them on my computer so all I need is to import the finished file. If there is a simple workaround for this, I'd greatly appreciate the advice. Thanks -Jerry
Text file support is going to be added in the future. MS Word support will not be added, however, as it's not an open specification. You can convert your MS Word documents to PDF inside the program. I believe (going off memory) that you can do it by clicking Save As, changing the file type to PDF, and just typing in the file name. As for your text files, just take a screenshot, paste it in paint, and save it out as a PNG file. Should take about 10 seconds to do this for each page of a text file.

Hopefully that works for you.
There is a free PDF write called "Cute PDF". You can find it with a Google search. It I SR
falls as a printer and will make a PDF with formatting preserved. Then mobilesheets can read it directly.
For Mac users, PDF is built in to the OS. You will find a PDF button in the Print window.
BTW, you could prepare your pages (or contents of the page) to the same proportion as your tablet screen with minimal margins, however if you do not, you can use the zoom feature in MobileSheets.
(06-23-2012, 04:49 PM)bumblebee Wrote: For Mac users, PDF is built in to the OS. You will find a PDF button in the Print window.
BTW, you could prepare your pages (or contents of the page) to the same proportion as your tablet screen with minimal margins, however if you do not, you can use the zoom feature in MobileSheets.

There is a much simpler solution. Display your document on the tablet.

Take a screenshot (png or jpeg)

Import into MS.

Tip- anything you can see on your screen can work with MS.

Works with lyrics sites as well. Crop by blowing up... snap the picture.

Quality is excellent on Asus if you blow up to fill the page.
(06-23-2012, 04:49 PM)bumblebee Wrote: For Mac users, PDF is built in to the OS. You will find a PDF button in the Print window.

Windows users can export pretty much anything showing up on their computer monitor using the "pdf995" print driver. Once loaded, you simply select "pdf995" as the printer, and the file save window pops up automatically to name your file. Also, there's a separate pdfedit995 program that allows you to combine existing pdf files, or extract ranges of pdf pages from a pdf file with multiple pages. I use these at work all the time, and they are very intuitive and user-friendly. Better yet, they are freeware.