• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Restore is losing some files
#1
I'm using CompanionPro to backup my database from one tablet, and restoring it to another. The restored verison is missing some songs. If I restore again, it's still missing songs, but different ones than the first time. Any help much appreciated!
Reply
#2
Mike, I'm pretty certain I have seen this as well. At the time, I was looking at another problem (since solved) but I do recall thinking "I'm sure this file existed" and wondering what had happened to it?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Reply
#3
I'll look into it. I'll have to find a backup file I know contains every file but fails to restore every file. Hopefully I can either create one that exhibits that problem or find an existing one that acts like you described.
Reply
#4
Same happened to me yesterday, it's the same issue I mentioned when the Pro version was first launched, shows a failed message in the Companion. Majority of files are there, I haven't checked to see how many are missing, it was just the one sheet before. Am looking forward to a sync facility to update libraries across tablets, just transferring the newer sheets.
Reply
#5
In case it helps: I don't get an error message when doing either the backup or restore--just a message that it completed successfully (or something like that). On the tablet with the restore, the song list is fine, set lists are fine, but when I try to open the song, I get the error message that the file is missing. I can get exact wording for you if it will help. Also, in case it's relevant, I have more than 2000 songs MS.
Thanks!
Reply
#6
I have seen exactly the same as FiddlerJeanne - reports the restore has been successful and everything looks to be OK, until you try to open a file, only then is it reported as missing.

Also, like FiddlerJeanne, I have in excess of 2,000 charts. This makes it very difficult to determine if they are all present, as just about the only way* to do so is to open each one - life's too short to do that - but it does make me wonder if the number of files being stored has any relevance to the problem?

Maybe I should have reported it before, but nobody else had mentioned it and I made the assumption that it was something that I had done - I've changed my mind about this now Wink .

* Using a file manager you can check if each individual directory contains any files, but that's just as tedious a route as opening them.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Reply
#7
I have seen databases where many (every?) files had more than one entry. Maybe this is related?
I haven't checked it out further but here are some of the notes I made:
Code:
sqlite> select * from Songs where Title like '%Rescue%';

332|004 Past The Point Of Rescue (Cho)|0|||0|0|0|0|1.0||0|7|1431531833545|1431531833545|
379|004 Past The Point Of Rescue (Cho)|0|||0|0|0|0|1.0||0|7|1431543079625|1431543079625|
sqlite> select * from Files where Path like '%Rescue%';
351|332|/storage/sdcard1/Partituren/HowsaGoin/004_Past_The_Point_Of_Rescue_(Cho).cho|1-2|1354|1431528586000|1|3|
401|379|/storage/sdcard1/Partituren/HowsaGoin/004_Past_The_Point_Of_Rescue_(Cho).cho|1-2|1351|1431542293000|1|3|

Song #332 has size 1354 and timestamp 1431528586000 (Wed May 13 16:49:46 2015)
Song #379 has size 1351 and timestamp 1431542293000 (Wed May 13 20:38:13 2015)

Apparenty, the song of 16:49:46 (1354 bytes) was stored into MSPro,
and later the newer version of 20:38:13 (1351) was added.

So far, so good.

In the backup file (MobileSheetsProBackup.msb) I find the following
data:

For song #332: 1351 bytes
For song #379: 0 bytes
Johan
http://www.johanvromans.nlhttp://www.howsagoin.nlhttp://www.hetgeluidvanseptember.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N8010) 10.1", Android 7.1.2 (LineageOS), AirTurn Duo.
Asus Zenpad (Z300M) 10.1", Android 7.0 (backup tablet).
Samsung A3 (SM-A320FL), Android 7.0 (emergency).
Reply
#8
0 bytes indicates that the file should already exist on the file system and it should be skipped. This is how I dealt with duplicate files entries.
Reply
#9
I have spent a lot of time investigating this issue. I've worked with a large number of different backups, some as large as 1.6GB. I've made some minor fixes that I didn't think would entirely fix the problem, but since then, I have been completely unable to reproduce a case where I backup or restore a file, and files are missing afterward. I'm going to ask for people to test this again after the next update to see if they are experiencing any more issues. I'm hoping that maybe the problem is fixed.

Mike
Reply
#10
Thanks Mike - we'll do our best to break it Smile .

My backup is ~ 1.8 GB, including some audio stuff so, if it's a size thing, I would think that would be enough to upset it.

The hardest part of the exercise is determining if any files are missing!
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Reply


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group.