• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging files into 1 song
I asked about merging files like 1 year ago, guess you haven't decided to put it in pro version. Simple merge of many files into one song from main files browser. I have many songs split into multiple pages and this feature is a must for me. Just simple merge into 1 song, please.
I'm confused - are you wanting to combine the files from two songs into one, or are you just wanting to add multiple files into one song?
[Image: tan5ac.png]
So that would be a pretty complex action. Combining all of the files into one song wouldn't be supported for chord pro/text files, but it would for other file types. Annotations, bookmarks, link points, etc could be transferred and updated. The song metadata is a more interesting issue though. Would you want the merged song to have the merged metadata of all the other songs, or only the first selected one (essentially ignoring the rest)? What about other song settings like metronome settings, audio player settings, etc?
Chagalj,
If you just want each file (page) of the song merged into a single song in MS, the process is very simple already:

Save the PDF (or image file) of each page (you can do this within iReal Pro* assuming this is its origin) to Google Drive, Downloads folder (or wherever);
Create a new song in MS;
Files: touch the file browser and navigate to where the files are;
Touch each one to select then OK to Import them all;
Sort for your page order;
Fields: name your song and OK to save.

Or are you meaning you want MS to automatically find all the pages of the song?

* MS requires PDF, jpg, png etc. image files —you cannot import .irb files directly
orZubermanSo that would be a pretty complex action. Combining all of the files into one song wouldn't be supported for chord pro/text files, but it would for other file types. Annotations, bookmarks, link points, etc could be transferred and updated. The song metadata is a more interesting issue though. Would you want the merged song to have the merged metadata of all the other songs, or only the first selected one (essentially ignoring the rest)?  What about other song settings like metronome settings,  audio player settings, etc?

I don't need any other meta data for the song, just simple merger. All of my songs are in png format and some contain multiple pages. There are 9k of those songs and I cannot see them in file browser because there is a limit to 2034 files, or something. When I select multiple png files I'd like to merge them in 1 song with a simple button, similar like "add to collection" button. That's all. Is that possible?
If the files are named in such a way that MS Pro can identify they should be grouped, they will all be joined into one song. The files would have to have a naming convention where the name of each file is the exact same except for the number at the end, i.e. MySong1.png, MySong2.png, MySong3.png, etc.

If you want to add multiple png files to the same song and they are not named that way, normally my suggestion would be to use the song editor. You can tap the "New" action at the top of the screen, then go to the files tab, tap the folder, and then tap all of the files you want placed into the same song. If you have more files in one directory than the file browser will display, you could always search at the top of the screen to filter the files down to just the ones you want. I haven't tested this when there are thousands of files in one folder, but in theory it should work.

If a merge feature would still be valuable to you, I can add it to the list of feature requests.
You can see how my songs look like on the screen I posted. No, MS pro hasn't listed them as one song. Please, put the feature in future requests. Search doesn't work well, either. I have tried many search strings but couldn't find a file I was looking for.
The last number in the string isn't changing due to the format you used (1o6, 2o6, etc), and the code is not set up to support this. If it was just "1", "2", etc, then it would work. I can't automatically determine when files should be grouped together, so I have to look for some pattern in the file names. I think a fair number of people use things like "1o6" or "1of6" or "1 of 6", so I can try to add additional code to detect these cases.

I'll have to try to create a directory with thousands of files in it so that I can test out why the search isn't working correctly.
I've gone ahead and increased the limit to 12000 for the file browser (meaning it will display up to 12000 files in one directory). I'm going to write a script to generate over 12000 files in one directory and then see how well it works.
I've optimized a lot of the code in the file browser, so it handles large amounts of files much better. You shouldn't have any problems after the next update with searching through the 9k files you've got. I'm going to also work on improving the detection for grouping files as mentioned previously.
Novice user here, so please make allowances for my lack of experience and probably even of the correct vocabulary. I am having trouble with this too. I created a new song, imported three files (separate pdf files of the three pages of the song) by selecting all three and then clicking OK. Now the song is on the tablet, and I can move from page 1 to 2 and then 3 and then back to 2 and 1, but the 'page order' function doesn't work - MS hasn't combined the three pdf pages into one file. Is there any way around this? Grateful for any advice you can give.
MobileSheetsPro does not currently support an easy way to merge PDFs. This is something I do plan on adding at some point. There is a way to accomplish this though, but it's tedious. If you go to the library screen, long press the song and select Share->Export Files, and then check the option to join files, you can create one PDF from all of the files in the song. You can then edit the song, remove the other files and add the single file with all pages. 

It's always better to produce one PDF at the start if possible. Did your scanner generate one PDF per page?

Mike
Thanks, I'll try that. Yes, my scanner did generate one pdf per page. I'll play around with it to see if it can combine the pages into one pdf.
I've used PDFBinder in the past (great for making a book) but you could try PDFMerge

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6