• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging files into 1 song
I've optimized a lot of the code in the file browser, so it handles large amounts of files much better. You shouldn't have any problems after the next update with searching through the 9k files you've got. I'm going to also work on improving the detection for grouping files as mentioned previously.
Novice user here, so please make allowances for my lack of experience and probably even of the correct vocabulary. I am having trouble with this too. I created a new song, imported three files (separate pdf files of the three pages of the song) by selecting all three and then clicking OK. Now the song is on the tablet, and I can move from page 1 to 2 and then 3 and then back to 2 and 1, but the 'page order' function doesn't work - MS hasn't combined the three pdf pages into one file. Is there any way around this? Grateful for any advice you can give.
MobileSheetsPro does not currently support an easy way to merge PDFs. This is something I do plan on adding at some point. There is a way to accomplish this though, but it's tedious. If you go to the library screen, long press the song and select Share->Export Files, and then check the option to join files, you can create one PDF from all of the files in the song. You can then edit the song, remove the other files and add the single file with all pages. 

It's always better to produce one PDF at the start if possible. Did your scanner generate one PDF per page?

Mike
Thanks, I'll try that. Yes, my scanner did generate one pdf per page. I'll play around with it to see if it can combine the pages into one pdf.
I've used PDFBinder in the past (great for making a book) but you could try PDFMerge

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I haven't got this to work. I have checked 'join files' and OK and I have a message 'Successfully exported /storage/emulated/0/mspro/**********.pdf' and have touched OK, but I can't find the new pdf. When I go back to the song to edit it, the three original pdfs are there but nothing else. Any suggestions, please, as to what I might have missed?
Sorry Geoff, I hadn't seen your message when replying to Mike. I'll look into those.
Thanks Geoff, PDF Merge has done the job.
PDF Split and Merge https://pdfsam.org/ is another PDF toolbox program with many features to merge, split and re-combine  PDF files.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 1803
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Having further explored the scanning software on my computer, I now have options for scanning new material into a multi-page pdf as well as for combining existing pdfs. Many thanks for all the helpful replies.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon