• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CompanionPro bulk assignment
Hi, I want to do a bulk assignment in CompanionPro of multiple songs to a Collection. When I select multiple files and try to drag them to the collection, it is very slow and only seems to take 1 of them, not the group. 

I haven't found a way to do this on the tablet either.

I would also like to be able to do this with Genre and perhaps others, but I don't see a way on the tablet or the Companion.
On the tablet, do a long press in the songs, then check the songs for the collection. Select the overflow [3 stacked dots at the upper right] and select the appropriate action for the collection. The other tabs [except for setlists] are not included at this time.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I still have a lot of work to do with the new companion to include support for the other tabs. How did you go about selecting multiple files - a shift click? The drag & drop functionality does not currently support dragging multiple items unfortunately.
Right, I'm using ctrl-click to select multiple items to drag. I did discover that on the tablet that I can click on Genres, then on Edit and select songs fairly easily that way. That also works on Collections.
I just found an open source library that looks better than the one I was using previously: https://github.com/punker76/gong-wpf-dragdrop

Hopefully using that library will significantly improve the drag & drop functionality and will also allow for dragging multiple items at a time. I'll work on integrating this as soon as possible.