• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
title bar and toolbars squeezing scores
There was a correction some time ago that the topmost part of a score is not hidden anymore by the "Next Title" bar or toolbars. Alas just the height of the score is squeezed to the remaining space, the width is kept unchanged. This affects quality and readability of the score.
Zooming to the appropriate size and keeping the height / width ratio would be much better.
The attached screenshot shows an exaggerated example. It's by far less with "real use" settings, but it is still visible even  if only the "Next Song" bar is in use and it affects readability.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

However, to be fair, I think the following observations should be made;

1 - You have the overlay turned on - in performance mode, there would be less squeezing.

2 - You are using a tablet with a 7.9" screen. This is really sub-optimal for this application.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I started writing up this big response about why, given my current design I wasn't going to be able to do this properly. Then about half way through writing it, I realized that there was trick I could pretty easily leverage. Skip ahead about 30 minutes, and I now have the pages preserving their aspect ratio when they are forced to shrink down. In addition, I had unintentionally disabled some settings that made the scaling render at higher quality. This means the pages now have little to no degradation in quality due to being shrunk. If you pinch zoom, you will also notice that while pinch zooming, the resulting image is much clearer.

Thanks for bringing this up and inspiring me to fix this properly Smile

Mike
It's curious to hear the words "trick" and "properly" to describe a solution Smile .
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(06-17-2015, 04:21 PM)sciurius Wrote: It's curious to hear the words "trick" and "properly" to describe a solution Smile .

Any port in a storm Wink .

Even with Mike's solution, I still think this is too small a tablet to take real advantage of all the features MSP offers.
Graeme

Some of my music here
(06-17-2015, 08:44 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 04:21 PM)sciurius Wrote: It's curious to hear the words "trick" and "properly" to describe a solution Smile .

Any port in a storm Wink .

Even with Mike's solution, I still think this is too small a tablet to take real advantage of all the features MSP offers.

This isn't unique to 7.9" tablets. I've seen it on my 10.1" as well.

Glad to see Mike found a solution.
(06-17-2015, 11:02 PM)akoster Wrote: This isn't unique to 7.9" tablets. I've seen it on my 10.1" as well.

It also occurs on larger tablets, but with such a low area of screen on the smaller tablets, it does become more noticeable.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I agree with Graeme that an 8'' tablet is too small to be used with full scores on stage.
Nevertheless it was the perfect decision for my needs. My (neverending) goal is to play as much as possible from memory when I'm on stage with one of my bands. In that case I need mainly the setlist and small cheat sheets showing some keywords for the lyrics, sometimes the chord sequence or other little hints to help me when I might get stuck. The examples that I posted in the forum show what I mean.
I bought the tablet as a replacement for the postcard sized cheat sheets that I used until last year and it fits perfectly for this use case.
Readability is one of the main topics on all sizes of tablets and the issue I reported affects readability, so I'd appreciate that it is fixed (and it seems that Mike, as always, takes care for it, thank you Mike).
MSP is the ultimate solution on Android. That I use only a small subset of its features is normal, the features that I use work great.
It's an interesting experience to read in the forum how other musicians work. Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge here.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de