• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control - revisited
There was a lot of discussion, a while back, about the possibility of linking two or more tablets, so that each person had their own display, but controlled from one place.

Personally, the whole thing was not for me - I simply have no use for such a feature - but I can see where it would be useful for some users. More importantly, it's a feature that is unlikely to be introduced at any time soon, there are other issues to address first.

The reason I'm opening the discussion again is because I ran across an app called AN2AN (you'll find it on Google Play Store) and at first look, it seems it might actually be the conduit to the desired result. 

I was wondering if anyone had tried it out? I'd have a go myself, but my two tablets are a couple of hundred kilometres apart at the moment. 

Obviously, even if it does work, there will be limitations - the most obvious being that each tablet would have to have exactly the same master MS file installed and that any changes, made locally on a slave tablet, would not be reflected across the system and probably upset the synchronisation between that slave and the master as well.  Even so, it might well prove useful for some MS owners.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(08-08-2015, 09:00 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: There was a lot of discussion, a while back, about the possibility of linking two or more tablets, so that each person had their own display, but controlled from one place.

I've read about that feature in a few apps and thought it'd be great. However, since we've switched to chordPro format sheets I think it would be less than useful. Many of the singers turn off chords and fit everything onto one page but others still have them as two pages. I haven't look into that feature too much in other apps but I suspect this use-case which we depend on now would make it a no-go.

Must admit that I do like the concept in theory
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4