• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korg Pa3x and Samsung SM-700T no Connection
Hello, I'm a beginner on mobilesheets pro ...

I have a Samsung SM-T700 Tablet (Android 5.02), MobileSheetsPro loaded and connected with the Adapter and Cable to my Korg PA3x Keyboard (1.63).
I made all the settings written in this document:
http://www.korg.com/download/global/pase...ndroid.pdf
I have restarted Keyboard and Tablet, loaded all the settings again ... no chance ...

I have tested about 5 cables .. no one works ..
Am I right that I have to connect with the adaptor to the USB-B on the back of the keyboard (device) ?
(not to the USB-A on the back or at front?)
I see that many of users tried a lot of different cables .. I don't want to buy hundreds of them to find out witch one works ...

2nd thing - I wonder that there is no Power on the USB-Device plug ... so how do you use the tablet on stage?
The Battery don't work long enough ... high risk on stage ...

do I have to make additional settings on tablet to send/receive Midi ?
do I need an additional App for this?

anyone can help me?
... or is there anyone who can say that it works?
connection on midi to change programs? (songbook)

if you have a constellation who works - witch cabling do you use exactly?
(06-15-2015, 06:40 PM)timo64 Wrote: ... or is there anyone who can say that it works?
connection on midi to change programs? (songbook)

if you have a constellation who works - witch cabling do you use exactly?

It works perfect, I use OTG usb mini ploug to the tablet, and on the other end a normal usb B to the Korg.
You have to make some assigments of midi chanel and receive-send commands on the Korg, as you can read it in the manuel.
You can use a power supply with your tablet, if you want to be sure to have sufficient power during long time jobs.
Hi - thank you for your answer!
I connected a few times and one time there was a question on the tablet "do you allow to connect" ... if I answered it works.
I don't know why the question didn't come yesterday.

so I'm "partitionally happy" - there is still one problem:
how to get power to the tablet.

I use a OTG cable - but all of the OTG cables are made to put the power to a harddisk for plugging to a smartphone or tablet.
Red USB Connector is on USB-A side of the cable.
They all don't give power back to the tablet (micro-USB).

I don't find out how to connect this ... witch exactly cabling works?
(I can't/don't want to use this on battery for 4-6 hours on stage)
(06-15-2015, 08:06 PM)timo64 Wrote: I use a OTG cable - but all of the OTG cables are made to put the power to a harddisk for plugging to a smartphone or tablet.

That is exactly what an OTG cable is intended for.
When connecting a PC to the tablet, the PC is the master and the tablet the slave.
With the OTG cable, the tablet is the master, and the other device is the slave.
There are special OTG cables (Y-cables) that allow charging and data at the same time, see e.g. https://sites.google.com/site/sonicboomw...g-diagrams
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(06-15-2015, 10:27 PM)sciurius Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 08:06 PM)timo64 Wrote: I use a OTG cable - but all of the OTG cables are made to put the power to a harddisk for plugging to a smartphone or tablet.

That is exactly what an OTG cable is intended for.
When connecting a PC to the tablet, the PC is the master and the tablet the slave.
With the OTG cable, the tablet is the master, and the other device is the slave.
There are special OTG cables (Y-cables) that allow charging and data at the same time, see e.g. https://sites.google.com/site/sonicboomw...g-diagrams

I think, you can use something like this: http://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-firewire-c4/u...-hub-p8430
Thank you for your helping replies!

I'm not sure that you do understand my case correct. I have two OTG adapters. noone of them allows to "push" charging power BACK to the tablet. It runs still on battery until the end ...
As I wrote - nearly all of the OTG adapters are made to connect a harddisk to a tablet or smartphone and transfer data without computer.
OTG is made first for data transfers without using a computer. That does NOT mean that every OTG adapter allows to charge the tablet at the same time.
If your adapters will charge your tablet until data transfer you are very lucky ...

If you HAVE a constellation who works with charging - I am very interested to know exactly witch adapter works on your equipment (Manufacturer and PartNumber).

I ordered one more from dell - there the manufacturer wrote that it will allow to charge the device and transfer data at the same time.
http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/pro...u=470-abes

Now I have to wait some weeks until delivery. Hope this will work now ...

Do you all guys run mobilesheets on battery powered devices on stage?
(06-16-2015, 12:46 AM)timo64 Wrote: Do you all guys run mobilesheets on battery powered devices on stage?

I certainly do.  One of the advantages of the larger tablets is they have batteries with higher capacity.  Although the bigger screen is more power-hungry, the batteries more than compensate for this.

I have never managed to run either of my tablets flat, even after several hours of use. I flake out before they do Smile
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I keep mine powered because once I was at a long gig in the sun and I turned up the tablet to fill brightness to compensate and I started getting nervous that I would run out of power before the gig was done (I didn't, but I got close).

So, not I pretty much always keep it powered (I figure everything else I am using is powered, so what's one more cable).
You can always attach a power bank to the back of the tablet.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Now I got the adapter cable from dell:
http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/pro...u=470-abes

It does his job (charging and data) for tablet and usb sticks/harddisks ....
but there's no data connection from Korg USB to tablet, because data comes on the wrong usb connector. I thought that don't matter .. it's strange and confusing with this cabling ...

The only way I got a connection was:
From Keyboard an adaptor from USB-B to USB-A (female) and then with one more adapter to USB-A, and then with the OTG cable to the tablet (the cable plugged opposite than it was designed for). The red usb power plug is on the keyboard side insted of the tablet side.
That's because the OTG adapters all are made for getting power to the usb-sticks/devices - and not to the tablet.

Thank you "sciurius" for the diagram-link. so I am now sure that there's no cable adaptor who works on the market.
I have to build it selfmade ... or work further with battery mode ...
RESOLVED
In the last weeks I have done many tests with adapters, cables and in the end I tryed long and frustrating hours of wiring and welding.
I did not find a solution to get the tablet charging AND connected to my PA3X.
The problem is that nearly all of the OTG Adapters are made to give the power to the USB Device (this is at our setting the Korg Pa3x witch make no sense).
I have learned that USB is not easy and depents on power domains and voltage drops, and calbe length ...

Now I have found this solution who works:
Product:  lavalink TL002
http://lavalink.com/
http://www.lavalinkstore.com/catalog/ind...ucts_id=74

It's a special made adaptor for Samsung Galaxy Tablets.
If you want to buy the correct Adapter be sure that you see your device at the compatiblity list.

With this Adapter I can go on stage without the risk loosing battery power of the tablet.